Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these pages in the mail today. Style-line is a company that makes some nice sanding tools for body work. I'm not sure how long these have been out, but it seems Matco has added them to its line. I can remember looking around the shop for something to sand a line with, and old striaght piece of flex radiator hose works well on wheel flares, paint sticks wrapped with sandpaper, and various other methods to reproduce body lines in bondo. These are already shaped to certain car lines should make life easier.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats should cut time down alot.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looks like a good idea for a high volume bodyshop, but it seems like the paper's a little pricey (it can be a high waste item - depending on the bodyman - I've known a few that were pretty wasteful with "shop supplies"). That, and who really believes "...lasts up to five times longer..."?

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
They are made by the company that makes our backing pads (Ferro industries) It is a neat idea, but I've found that most shops use them for a few day and then they just gather dust in the tool box. Its tough teaching a old dog new tricks!

We run into the same issue with our sandpaper. It last 2-3 times longer than Norton and 3M's best products. We found that shops in most instances don't care about life, but are more concerned about cut and loading. We have since tailored our product to be the best cutting/anti-loading product on the market today. And we have done this at a price that is lower than both of the big boys.

The tough part is getting people to try our stuff vs the stuff they have been using for years.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
leo
what brand are you selling? i remember a few years back mirka? was trying to gain market share over norton and 3M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts