Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To removel carpet adhesive
What would be the best stripper for the job!

What kind of stripper do you think I was asking for :)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It might depend on what you are trying to remove it from. Is it a concrete basement floor or a hardwood floor, or a plywood subfloor?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is stuck to a cement floor

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm thinkning maybe a cup shaped wire brush? It would need to be a on something like a floor polishing machine.

If you use any solvent, the glue will soften and you'll have a real sticky mess, and you'll never get it completely off the floor.

Stop by a tool rental center and see what type of equipment they have. If it was on a hardwwood floor. you would need to sand it with a floor sanding machine, so maybe there is something similar for a removing it from a cement floor.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
About the best stuff I have ever found was dry ice and a ice scraper /chopper (flat 6 or 8 inch wide plate of steel sharp on the edge with long handle. Dump some dry ice on adhesive, allow to set for awhile and pop it of with scraper / chopper.

Problem with wire wheels is they generate friction in use and make the adhesive gummy and it makes a mess.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Chip
Sounds like a plan! I was thinking some type of machine would make it less of a sticky mess than the solvents, but your idea sound much better. I'll have to try and remember that!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I finally got to see SJ's stripper suggestion. bad looking girls, but they look like they got some hard miles on 'em. Not the kind of girl you bring home to meet mom.:D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hey Joe you working late or you got your puter fixed:question:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts