1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage system for Pickups

Discussion in 'Country and Rural Living' started by Fredrik Karlsson, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Fredrik Karlsson

Fredrik Karlsson New Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Hello Pickup drivers!

We are a couple of students that are conducting a product development project, where we are going to develop a storage system for pickups. Being a pick up owner, you will have lot more knowledge than us about what is really required for your ease of work. Hence, we would appreciate if you could spend 5 minutes answering the following survey:

Start survey!

As thanks for helping us, you will take part in a raffle for an amazon voucher of $ 25!

Best regards,
    Fredrik Karlsson

2. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Hi how are you Fredrick Karlsson , um not to be a disappointment but between toolboxes , caps with tool boxes built into them and rack systems ,along with the newer pick ups the aftermarket and the manufacturer came along way to make storage a priority in pick ups . My new truck has door pockets in all four doors , a storage spot under the seat between the front driver seat and front passenger seat , and a storage spot above the glove box

Sent from my iPad using Tractor Forum

3. Fredrik Karlsson

Dec 4, 2017
    Hi, thanks for replying!

The storage system that we will be designing is for the bed of the truck, not in the cab to clarify. Of course sometimes it is easier to store things in the cabin. The problem that we want to solve is that some things are nowadays forced to be stored in the cab due to bad storage solutions in the back of the pickup truck. Also, the pickup bed itself lack several things like weatherproofing, easy accessibility and lack of organizing.

Hope you share your thoughts in the survey as well! :)

4. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    What is the name and Location of your University?

5. Fredrik Karlsson

Dec 4, 2017
    Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden

6. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Hopefully Willy 55 will agree there is systems already out there to make the pick up bed more feasible for storage as in tool boxes , tops the make it so u can walk into , your team should look on tjw internet to see whaf these products are and see what's out there NOT fo burst your bubble

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tractor Forum mobile app

jhngardner367 likes this.
  7. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    I can set up a truck in a number of ways in a matter if minutes bt the internet

8. Fredrik Karlsson

Dec 4, 2017
    I'm sure of it, nevertheless just because there are existing products, the need for a better product or a product focused more on a certain market is still of interest! :)

9. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    All these products are there already for specific products

10. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Ever hear of reading truck bodys and caps , weatherguard toolboxs, the list goes on and on

11. Fredrik Karlsson

Dec 4, 2017
    Well, lets say we don't agree. As an example, there are several hundred of headphones out there on the market, still new variants are released.

Either how, thankful for your input but further reasoning won't change if we gonna continue with the project, and let us not be this negative please.

12. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Im not being negative, just stateing facts . I have over 25 years in the construction industry as a mechanical hvac and plumbing installer and worked out of different trucks over the years and i know what works for the different areas and set up trucks for my family's buisness

13. willys55

Oct 13, 2016
    maybe you should watch "Shark Tank" because I know where this is heading

14. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    I know willy55 guess stateing facts is being negative, thats like me trying to improve the wrecker , now you can have them built anyway you want wtf is wrong these days

15. willys55

Oct 13, 2016
    I just think they are wasting their time, there are no new ideas, just reintroduced changes

16. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    I know im in the trade for 25 plus years anf know every set up and where it works

17. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Willy and i bougjt the reintroduced chznges for my newer work truck the side tool boxes that tractor supply sales with tne 45 degree on the bed side works great

18. willys55

Oct 13, 2016
    less than 2% of the vehicles in Sweden are small trucks, so where would your target market be, hmmmm let me ponder it

19. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    I agree Willy 55 just dont get how you can do a term paper or design stuff with little info the survey they have up hits jist a small corner of the market for pickup truck storage and setting up to carry tools , its next to impossible to design a set up for a specific trade or hobby or what ever you need causr the weight of what you add on affects yoir total gvw of your truck to carry whar ever on a trailer or put the biggest plow possible for tbe size truck you got , and not to affect rhe drivetrain of the truck and blow it up

20. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    There's always a better mouse trap! Now here's what I want......
    [​IMG]

tractor beam likes this.