Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used stihl 030 chainsaw. This is an older saw but is a heavy duty one. I can't seen to find any info on this online. Will need a new plug and pull rope. Other than that it is a good clean saw. Is there a Stihl web site that has specs or info on this one???

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't see to much there Argee. I guess I would like to know the CC's of this saw and if a lot of them were made. I don't recall ever hearing any thing about a 030AV.

Hopefully it is a rare saw worth a lot.

With my luck it is a lemon that none of the sthil freaks would touch.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Put in a spark plug (out of another saw) and the sthil came to life on the first pull. Cuts through hardwood like butter but a bit of a beast. I am not into Sthil much but figured there would be alot of info on the web about them. Wrong, even with all the Sthil "nuts" out there, I can find little info on sthil saws and virtually no info on older vintage sthil chain saws.

I guess that leaves me in the hands of a dealer for spark plugs of anything else I may need.

Still, this is not a bad saw and brings my chain saw collection to four.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I have heard of the O-28 & O-29, but not an O-30. I will have to look around more on this. Have you tried emailing Stilh USA direct for info. and a manual?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts