1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Steering creep

Discussion in 'Operating & General Discussion' started by tc33daowner, Nov 17, 2012.

1. tc33daowner

tc33daowner New Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I just bought a 2005 tc33da new holland and am wondering if I need to be concerned about the steering wheel creeping around. I understand that the system is hydrostatic but do know of I need to worry about this or not. Noticed when I had it on the road going to get fuel.

2. cyrush

cyrush Registered User

Apr 20, 2010
    With a fully hydrostatic system there is always leakage ( slippage) between the rotary spools in the steering valve so a small amount of creep of the wheel will occur to keep the tractor in a straight line, conversely if you hold the steering wheel ridgid and drive in a straight line the tractor will gradually wander slowly off line.