Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any of you are going to purchase a rotary cutter,finish mower,box blade etc..........do it. NOW.
We not only got a price increase July 1 from Woods.....but a revsion in mid July tacking another 3~10% on certain models and a .20 per pound surcharge on eVERY model.
Example Brushbull 72 - 6' cutter went from new 07/04 $1657.00 list (already up from just over 1400.00 last year)....to a revised retail $1825.00.
It weighs 800 lbs so dealers invoice has another 160.00 added to it too.
They also advise they're not passing all the increases they've had.

Its coming Boys............and it ain't pretty.:eek:mg:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Thanks for the insight Neil ---- wow ---- I guess it is time to get all of those implements that I need --- either that or start up a mining company. :D

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I bought what ever I could already but I was too late with Deere.
I was eyeing the BackHoe option on my JD 4100 , the 46BH...

The dealer couldnt honor the quote given 6 months ago, and he could even lock in the price 100%....it changed almost $800...

Its not worth it at that price - I can find an entire track machine for almost the same price - not that I need it actually

I dont know how they will survive this swing that is drastic to say the least. This and the oil issue will screw up everything gained thus far in the last few years not to say we gained much overall.
If the automakers suffer and they will(and already are) because of the oil prices and steel, this country will be effected in a big way..If they cant sell the SUV's which is starting to happen, thats not good...

Duc

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Unfortunately, I think the huge increases in steel prices will cause many buyers to either look at used equipment or just wait to purchase until prices come back down.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The problem with consumers waiting for the price to come down is that manufacturers aren't going to keep producing to build inventory. Workers will be laid off until the inventories come down. When automakers and others reduce prices just to clear out inventory, their profits also suffer. Some may say so what, they are making enough already, but look at lines like oldsmobile and plymouth, yes they were almost identical to other lines, but still many lost their jobs.
The same is happening with toolboxes. The prices increase based on the steel prices. All top boxes are custom orders and no longer stocked. Many of the rollaways are custom orders also. When you finally get someone to take the plunge on a $4000-$9000 rollaway, it's not a good feeling to have to wait 3-4 weeks to have it made. Especially when once it's ordered it will be shipped when completed. If the customer changes his mind, the distributor has to find it a new home. And pay for it in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
The good news is that scrap prices are up too, at least in my area. The price of gas makes it important to plan your driving efficiently, but you can still make a few bucks hauling steel and other metals to the scrap yard. I pick up stuff along the road while driving to or from work and stockpile it until I have enough to make a scrap run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts