Tractor Forum banner

starting out

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  jbetts13 
#1 ·
l am starting a little business (lawn tractor parts) do you guys have any tips and pointers to help me out ??? thanks

#3 ·
Originally posted by jbetts13
l am starting a little business (lawn tractor parts) do you guys have any tips and pointers to help me out ??? thanks
Don't take any wooden nickels. ;) :D :furious: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Seriously, always try to do right by your customers and be patient. Where are you going to get the lawn tractor parts? Are you just selling locally or are you going to try ebay or maybe a website?

#4 ·
Look in the trash on trash night i have found lots of mowers and things people throw out. Then just take off whats good and throw out the rest. If you see old GTs or LTs in someones yard stop and ask 9 times out of 10 they will tell you to take it. A couple of ideas to get parts anyway.
Jody

#5 ·
l'm have going to a small motor place they have old lawn tractors they don't need your use l have a couple of deals with them it l get off to a good start and more parts l would ship out of canada/ont and yes it would be out of my shed and garage it's going to be some thing like parts man's but lawn tractors

#9 ·
jbetts,

Go to the book store and get a book on "Starting Your Own Small Business". It should also help you put together a business plan. You should find lots of answers there and learn things you probably haven't even thought about yet.

Good luck,

Greg

#10 ·
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
make a website, find someway to advertise too. I was thinking of doing this few years back when my uncle offered to sell couple old lawn tractors. Funny thing was NONE of them had front wheels lol.
Ryan
To start out I would hold out on advertising till you get up to speed. Bet you could sell a ton of stuff localy by word of mounth, or by puting stuff on ebay. Once you get going, and figure out whats invalved, and build up some invetory, THATS that time to step up to advertising.

Got to say, ebay is probably the best way to build up cash. At this point you would realy want to start out as a hobby. Pick up some free, or cheep L&G stuff, rebuild, or part out, make a little cash, and buy more, etc.

Oh BTW, being underage, you will realy have to make sure your Mom will not mind having tractors all over the place. Plus you will need her to sign off on a lot of stuff, so better make sure shes in your court.

#13 ·
? Do you have a plan or some way to follow thru on growth or visa versa as they say. Write your ideas down then look carefully and rewrite goals and a bussiness plan(where your going and hoe to get there. Gets your attention on how to make money. By all means get in there and give the gung ho...... Should be a market out and get you share of it......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.