Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that when the tractor is tilted to the right when mowing the engine will not down and stall out. This has occurred consistently since last summer. The carburetor was replaced about 3 years ago and it is running fresh gas. I have not opened the float bowl though that will be On my problem solving list.
Needless to say, this glitch has led to some odd mowing patterns involving only left-leaning passes on the hillside.
Can anybody suggest what I ought to be looking at to solve this problem?
Thanks for whatever help you can provide

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum Glenno! What side does the fuel exit your fuel tank? Just wondering if there's something in the bottom of your tank, that could be restricting the flow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. Yesterday the engine started right up and ran without issue when the tractor was on level ground. As soon as I moved it to a slight lean to the right on a gentle slope, the engine began to wallow and stalled. A check o f and the Holley carburetor showed that it was dripping and the engine would of restart and smelled of gas.
I think my next step would be to lower the float bowl, clean and ensure that it is not sticking and causing the flooding condition.
I will let you know how this turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts