Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be trying out my DGT 6000 tomorrow for the second cut and hoping for a better experience than my first weekend:

http://www.tractorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3993

I have about four spray cans of 'Duralube' that came with various oil change kits. I was thinking of spraying the underside of the deck and possibly even wiping the blades down and the top of the deck to help it shed grass.

That is when I came to this board and read about the 'MO-deck'.
It was mentioned that spraying with WD-40 does no good in that thread.

Question: - Is it worth my time to spray down the deck?
I know to avoid the bearings and bushing areas so I was thinking of actually spraying the lube into a container then soaking rag and wiping the deck underside. Would that be the best way to apply it?
What areas should I be very careful to avoid getting the Duralube on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
hi i just got 3 cans of mo-deck in the mail...
i may have mentioned WD 40 did not do much for me...

ill let you know how the mow deck works, im gonna put it on next time i pull/clean my deck

plus there is some sort of graphite spray out and folks have also used slip plate
slip plate

The problem w/the WD40 is it just wore off too quick.. maybe the graphite is better... and i think mow deck claims to be a polymer
(any chemists want to explain?)

i figure; IF it will save me 1/2-1 hour of cleaning my deck.. its worth spraying...

i am hoping to find a good product to use...
i know i can pressure wash the bottom of the deck.. but in my twisted mind, i think hand wash is easier on the grease & bearings than a pressure wash...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts