Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Spike sent me to Disney. I dared to try to help a lady with a problem with her Deere by telling her to go to the Yahoo Deere group for a more in depth answer than what she might get at GW. I knew the word Yahoo is verboten at GW, but she really didn't need to be exposed to the usual tar and feathers at GW of other brand owners telling her to buy a (fill in brand name here) because her Deere was junk. I thought about appealing to Spike, but I have decided against it as I'm kinda tired of the synthetic vs. dino oil wars and the constant bickering that seems to thrive over there.

So I guess the point is I'll be more full time here with you guys. I don't consider it an exile, more like an escape from a place I was comfortable in but really didn't like, if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Well, not me, but I left before I got a chance to. Some real good people there, but cant make up for the bad ones.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
thats ridiculious.. he loses 'good' members just because you mention another site...
oh well.. more time here then joe...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I quit loking over there. The people change almost daily, and some just jump right in and let the sparks fly. No hanging around and testing the waters...let em have it with both barrels!

I think Spike is letting a lot of good folks down and his hits on the site will suffer, that in turn will affect his advertising money, and eventuly his pocket book.:money:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
There's not too much constructive information over on GW. Just a lot of nonsense. The constant bashing of certain brands, i.e. Deere or L-Series Deeres. Whenever someone asks a legitimate question, over half the responses is nonsense or turns into a bash on something. If Spike sent me to Disney land, so be it. No great loss as far as I'm concern.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
its too bad.. there are some good and knowledgeable guys over there...
I hope they eventually find their way to our site here...

·
Registered
131 Posts
GW is a joke

The quality of help and information on GW has decreased dramatically. Most of the posts turn into barb-trading and brand bashing. Spike is, was, and will always be a little despot.

You are better off here.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
And i thought it was just this site that he didnt like:confused: I learn something everyday.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Good for you Joe! P!ss on Spike. I have looked over on GW several times but have found not much more than useless BS. Not much useful info. at all.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Guess I should go get sent to the mouse house too. I usually just stay out of the stupidity. Too many holier-than-thou know it alls there. Just hope Spike doesn't kick 'em all off or they'll all migrate here. Here, one can ask a question and actually get a sensible answer. Hutch

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
simple john,
You are one of the good guys from over there as are half the crew here. I don't see too many of the old helpful guys left over there. It cracks me up because I've borderline insulted Spike over there and no punishment, I've sent folks to other forums for better information to solve their problem before and no punishment, but yesterday, off forum through their e-mail system, I sent a yahoo address to someone that needed in depth Deere info and I'm banished. I knew I was pushing it and I'm certainly guilty enough from my past "crimes" but I didn't figure yesterday's infraction was that bad. Oh well, Spike can bite my hairy white butt. I'll work on getting this place to grow. Besides I like you guys better and Willie gets treated better here.

·
Registered
497 Posts
OK...being a newbie....I'll ask the stupid question....what is GW? The only other forum sites I visit is the FZ1 Owners Association and an Antique Tractor site.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
off forum through their e-mail system, I sent a yahoo address to someone that needed in depth Deere info and I'm banished. I

wait a second... you did not even post it publically and you were banned? unreal...

you are correct.. there really is a lot of band bashing over there lately...

i like it when someone, (for example willie) posts a similar thread in both places.. you get to see the different types of folks who frequent the sites..
he gets a lot of good positive feedback here.. and gets bashed a lot over there...

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by psrumors
OK...being a newbie....I'll ask the stupid question....what is GW? The only other forum sites I visit is the FZ1 Owners Association and an Antique Tractor site.
ps its gardenweb.com

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/tractor/?18540

funny thing is.. here in this forum we can post the name without getting bannished.. if you go to that site and post 'tractorforum' it comes up as a forbidden word.. if you make reference to it.. you will eventually get banned.. he redirects your page to disney.com

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Good for you Joe.

I’m glad to know you’ll be full time here. I have stuck to my
self imposed exile from GW since the day I moved over here.
Just too much B.S. at GW, most of their members sounded like
they never had a screw driver in their hands anyway.
God bless Spike, he keeps making this a better forum. :D

·
The Grand Illusion
66 Posts
So you have a Fazer?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well Styx, I had a 2002 model. Considering another but who knows. You?

·
The Grand Illusion
66 Posts
Well Styx, I had a 2002 model. Considering another but who knows. You?
No, not yet, BUT I'm seriously considering one the next go round. I'm down to 2 choices now. Either the R* Warrior or the FZ1. Decisions, decisions.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.