Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I paid $2.39 a gallon on a recent trip to California!!

I paid $1.63 in Auburn, MA on tuesday afternoon. Best price i've seen in a while.

In my town, it fluctuates between $1,74 and $1.79.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Prices of fuel ---- all of it seems so uncontrolled & strictly biased against the consumer for net gain. We need to push for larger utilization of alternative fuels or something --- otherwise we might be looking at $3.50+ gallon within next 10 years.

Andy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The current runup in prices can be easily attributed to hedge fund managers running up the price of crude. Once summer comes, the prices will drop like a rock. Why else would Opec cut demand? They know that the heating oil won't be used so their will be excess supply out their. The only way for them to maintain the high prices is to cut supply. The hedge fund managers are gonna start dropping crude from their portfolios any day now and will buy again in late September.

Talk about cyclical. And everyone makes a bundle except the consumers.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Gas right now 100 miles away in Birmingham Al is anywhere from 1.64 to 1.71 a gal. However at home in this area its anywhere from 1.71 to 1.85 a gal. Its almost worth a drive of a 100 miles to fill up. I just may have to carry some fuel cans on my trip back up there next week, or I won't be able to afford to cut my grass! So far I have been averaging about 6 hours run time on a tank of gas in my JD GX335, and thats with minimal use of the mower deck, just using it for odds and ends around the house, and what mowing I have done this year is relatively light so far as the good grass growing weather is not quite fully kicked in.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:homereat:

Regular price here is $2.02 at the moment and supposed to keep rising till june. I sure am glad I dont have to use my truck much & My car gets 50 miles per gallon.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Reg here is about $1.59 to $1.65
Jody

1 - 8 of 8 Posts