Tractor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Kubota B7100, Hanix N150_2
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some Rocker Switches for the instrument cluster on my Mini Ex project.
STSP, 15a or 20a, lighted or not. Need (4).
I would like them to fit the existing holes in the panel, so I don't have to fabricate adapters & such.
Problem is, I can't find anything to fit the existing holes.
Depending on your measurement preferences:

.940" X 1.690"

15/16" X 1 1/16"

24mm X 43mm

Plenty of depth available, panel is .063", 1/16", or 1.6mm thk.

Any ideas?
Gas Auto part Electronic instrument Metal Machine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From everything I can tell, there are no switches available anymore that will fit correctly in the existing holes. Therefore I will pick new switches, and either make adapters to make new switches fit, (likely) or a new panel from scratch. (less likely)
The whole idea was to find switches that fit, so that I didn't have to invest a lot of time in this, because my time is not my own these days. If it was, a new machined aluminum, SS, & glass fabrication would be likely.
At some point, I will remove the broken plastic, and clean up the indicator lights and such, and cover with new plastic.
It don't have to be pretty, we ain't building a church here.

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These were the conditions:
"I would like them to fit the existing holes in the panel, so I don't have to fabricate adapters & such."
Now you want to make a new panel...

Two of the three hole dimensions you presented coincide, so I guessed they were right. Why are the switches I linked to not possible to use?

Anyhow, it seems like I had my time well wasted.

View attachment 76667
I don't get it. The switch you show above will not fit the openings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate the efforts you folks have made on my behalf, but I have spent many hours looking through links folks have posted, with no luck.
(I have asked this question on three forums, and no joy)
I have almost spent enough time looking through various links that I could have fabricated a new panel by now.
If I have wasted anyone's time, I apologize, and will I keep this situation in mind before asking another question.
Thanks again for for your efforts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Assuming I get some switches, the only thing not functional in this panel is the fuel gauge. Not a big deal, my Kubota, my Turf Truck, my TW200, and my Rhino all lack fuel gauges.
Removing the broken plastic might take 10 minutes, re-polishing the surface could take 5 mins or an hour depending on damage depth & material.
Making a new plastic cover might take 20-30 mins.
My stuff has to be functional primarily, pretty secondarily.
Replacement parts are almost non existent in England, and are non existence in this country.
If you saw the whole machine in person, you would realize I am not going for a restoration,
just trying to get things functional so I can dig holes.

Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Wood Tree

Plant Vehicle Tree Wood Asphalt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If you find that the switch will move sideways in a disturbingly manner, add some tape to the longer sides.
24mm-22mm-2mm, or .07874
Average thickness of electrical tape is .005-.007.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm sure I have some on hand.
I'm pretty sure I have some rocker switches like the pic below left over from a dash I built for my Rhino years ago.
Nor sure of the size or how many, but I will check on those before I commit to a course of action.
Speedometer Trip computer Gauge Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Speedometer Trip computer Gauge Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Finished the dash.
First, some parts needed to be made:

Adapter to use modern switches in old, oversize holes:
Hood Triangle Wood Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Rectangle Gadget Handheld game console Office equipment Metal

Rectangle Composite material Metal Aluminium Gadget

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The blue paint is Rustoleum Night Tide, a pretty close match for the blue trim on the excavator, maybe a little darker.
Leftmost rocker controls boom light, the other the OH lights in the front of the canopy.
Large pushbutton is for the glow plugs.
Black plate to the right is a modified circuit breaker blank off plate, just fills the 3rd switch hole.
Glow plug indicator is below the battery symbol, and coolant over temp indicator is below the oil light.
Green light flashes whenever the ignition is on, and the hour meter is counting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Not sure if I posted this link before, but if anyone is interested, here is a link to the whole saga of getting this mini ex sorted out:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts