Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Kubota B7100, Hanix N150_2
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some Rocker Switches for the instrument cluster on my Mini Ex project.
STSP, 15a or 20a, lighted or not. Need (4).
I would like them to fit the existing holes in the panel, so I don't have to fabricate adapters & such.
Problem is, I can't find anything to fit the existing holes.
Depending on your measurement preferences:

.940" X 1.690"

15/16" X 1 1/16"

24mm X 43mm

Plenty of depth available, panel is .063", 1/16", or 1.6mm thk.

Any ideas?
Gas Auto part Electronic instrument Metal Machine

·
849 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I need some Rocker Switches for the instrument cluster on my Mini Ex project.
STSP, 15a or 20a, lighted or not. Need (4).
I would like them to fit the existing holes in the panel, so I don't have to fabricate adapters & such.
Problem is, I can't find anything to fit the existing holes.
Depending on your measurement preferences:

.940" X 1.690"

15/16" X 1 1/16"

24mm X 43mm

Plenty of depth available, panel is .063", 1/16", or 1.6mm thk.

Any ideas?
View attachment 76646
Your dimensions vary!?, but I think one of these will fit:

DigiKey only has the momentary, OFF-(ON), type in stock, but this one has the OFF-ON type:

Measure carefully and compare to the dimensions in the datasheet.

***Edit
Momentary ON, of course ==> OFF-(ON), sorry.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
18ga plate and a die grinder..... Make your own plate and you could use any size switches you wanted. You might want replace that fuel gauge anyway, so just fabricate the openings for a new glass faced fuel gauge and use your old idiot light sockets and hour meter

Clock Measuring instrument Font Gauge Circle

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Your dimensions vary!?, but I think one of these will fit:

DigiKey only has the momentary, OFF-(ON), type in stock, but this one has the OFF-ON type:

Measure carefully and compare to the dimensions in the datasheet.

***Edit
Momentary ON, of course ==> OFF-(ON), sorry.

And Mouser Electronics

Reactions: SidecarFlip

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From everything I can tell, there are no switches available anymore that will fit correctly in the existing holes. Therefore I will pick new switches, and either make adapters to make new switches fit, (likely) or a new panel from scratch. (less likely)
The whole idea was to find switches that fit, so that I didn't have to invest a lot of time in this, because my time is not my own these days. If it was, a new machined aluminum, SS, & glass fabrication would be likely.
At some point, I will remove the broken plastic, and clean up the indicator lights and such, and cover with new plastic.
It don't have to be pretty, we ain't building a church here.

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
434 Posts
If I was in a hurry I'd just get SPST toggle switches. Drill 1/2" hole in metal larger than opening for either side. Spade or screw lugs.
Guitar accessory Musical instrument String instrument accessory Gas Auto part

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
From everything I can tell, there are no switches available anymore that will fit correctly in the existing holes. Therefore I will pick new switches, and either make adapters to make new switches fit, (likely) or a new panel from scratch. (less likely)
The whole idea was to find switches that fit, so that I didn't have to invest a lot of time in this, because my time is not my own these days. If it was, a new machined aluminum, SS, & glass fabrication would be likely.
At some point, I will remove the broken plastic, and clean up the indicator lights and such, and cover with new plastic.
It don't have to be pretty, we ain't building a church here.

Thanks for all the input!
These were the conditions:
"I would like them to fit the existing holes in the panel, so I don't have to fabricate adapters & such."
Now you want to make a new panel...

Two of the three hole dimensions you presented coincide, so I guessed they were right. Why are the switches I linked to not possible to use?

Anyhow, it seems like I had my time well wasted.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Cole-Hersee switches are your best bet. Here's a link to their catalog in PDF. Rocker/toggle switches start on page 16. They do still make switches in the dimensions you need (See 58328 series -- 24mm X 43mm) and you can google by their part #'s to start shopping on-line to find them

Cole-Hersee Catalogue in PDF
That one will pass through the panel when you push it, not good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
That one will pass through the panel when you push it, not good.
There are way more switches beyond those dimensions in that 68 page catalog. My goal was to provide a source for him to research and I'm just gonna assume he's a big boy and can figure out for himself what he actually needs.....

Perhaps you could look up the exact CH part # that will fit his needs and provide a money back guarantee if you're wrong???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These were the conditions:
"I would like them to fit the existing holes in the panel, so I don't have to fabricate adapters & such."
Now you want to make a new panel...

Two of the three hole dimensions you presented coincide, so I guessed they were right. Why are the switches I linked to not possible to use?

Anyhow, it seems like I had my time well wasted.

View attachment 76667
I don't get it. The switch you show above will not fit the openings.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
There are way more switches beyond those dimensions in that 68 page catalog. My goal was to provide a source for him to research and I'm just gonna assume he's a big boy and can figure out for himself what he actually needs.....

Perhaps you could look up the exact CH part # that will fit his needs and provide a money back guarantee if you're wrong???

Cole-Hersee switches are your best bet. Here's a link to their catalog in PDF. Rocker/toggle switches start on page 16. They do still make switches in the dimensions you need (See 58328 series -- 24mm X 43mm) and you can google by their part #'s to start shopping on-line to find them

Cole-Hersee Catalogue in PDF
It is impossible to follow you when you edit and alter your posts.

But you directed him to a certain product. You read the dimensions for the frame and took that as the dimensions for the hole, no adapter mentioned. We all make mistakes, most of us learn from them.

This forum used to be a friendly place, not so much anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate the efforts you folks have made on my behalf, but I have spent many hours looking through links folks have posted, with no luck.
(I have asked this question on three forums, and no joy)
I have almost spent enough time looking through various links that I could have fabricated a new panel by now.
If I have wasted anyone's time, I apologize, and will I keep this situation in mind before asking another question.
Thanks again for for your efforts.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts