Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am concerned of two sounds on my GT52XLS:

1. The left blade sounds like a propeller airplane when it cuts. Why? Is it normal?
2. The engine (Kawasaki) sounds like it goes in two modes about every 2 seconds: on and back, on and back, higher lower, higher lower. For the lack of better words. Sorry. Perhaps that's normal?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"sounds like a propeller airplane when it cuts"

Bad spindle bearing, or deck bent and blade is hitting it (Actually that sounds more like a machine gun to me). Jack up the mower and take a look. "Shake hands" with the blade... It shouldn't shake back. Look for shiny spots on the inside of the deck. If you see them, wallop that spot with a BFH

"higher lower, higher lower"

Governor surge.... Usually clog jets in the carburetor. Could also be a clogged air filter, or vacuum leak at the carb base.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Scary enough, although it was wet grass, so I hope that's it. I cleaned it up but wet grass adds up within seconds and I stop the tactor at a lower spot and quickly stop the mower to release some of the grass onto the ground. Where I live it rains a lot and during "winter" its hard to get 3+ days without rain so the grass dries out completely. More like a week is needed to dry the grass completely, especially in the shaded areas.

This GT52XLS was nothing but problems from very new, had to be swopped for another, by the dealer, and some repairs done while after just 3 hours of work, and it still only has 30 hours on its meter. I thought Swedish HUSQVARNA (Made in the USA though) is quality equipment and many parts of it probably are, but if I ever buy another mower it will not be Husqvarna. Although all of the brands mowers could be with some kind of problems due to the times were a living in.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Thank you! Scary enough, although it was wet grass, so I hope that's it. I cleaned it up but wet grass adds up within seconds and I stop the tactor at a lower spot and quickly stop the mower to release some of the grass onto the ground. Where I live it rains a lot and during "winter" its hard to get 3+ days without rain so the grass dries out completely. More like a week is needed to dry the grass completely, especially in the shaded areas.

This GT52XLS was nothing but problems from very new, had to be swopped for another, by the dealer, and some repairs done while after just 3 hours of work, and it still only has 30 hours on its meter. I thought Swedish HUSQVARNA (Made in the USA though) is quality equipment and many parts of it probably are, but if I ever buy another mower it will not be Husqvarna. Although all of the brands mowers could be with some kind of problems due to the times were a living in.
Won't have the option to buy the "Husqvarna" decals on a gas powered mower much longer. They are exiting the gas powered lawn mower business for electric/robotic mowers. It's kind of ruse.... MTD made the "Husqvarna" mowers anyway, and they're still pumping out the same junk every day, it's just a different color ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am on my second Husqvarna riding mower and for what I put mine through I feel I have had pretty good service out of them.....I had the first one for about 6 years and sold it....It had about 1,000 hours on it and no major issues. The current one has about 600 hours on it and no major issues with it either.......I only mow about an acre but it is all hills......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts