Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lose sight of the important things.This is the time of year we celibrate family.I have a lot to be thankful for,a wonderful wife,2 great sons,and 2 grandchildren that make me proud enough to pop buttons.
I need my God to watch over me.And I need to give thanks and credit where credit is due. Over a month and no posts on the prayer forum.It makes me wonder.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
May God bless you and yours Slipshod!!

Have a great holiday season. Enjoy your kids and most of all, have fun.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You're right again slipshod. If it weren't for God, I know I wouldn't be here. He has kept me alive long after the Dr.'s said I would be gone, and I thank him for that. Also for my wonderful family and friends. And ask him to keep us all safe this Holiday season and to help us remember His Son's birthday this year and what its meaning is. I have nothing that He hasn't given to me. My wife has improved over the last few weeks, and I know prayers has been the most contributing factor in that. We sure could use some more though.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
It's been a rough year for us. First of all, I had to go on medical leave for knee surgery. Then while on medical leave, our factory cut production by 50%. Since I was a supervisor (on salary - not union) & my department was eliminated, I was laid off after 33 years on the job. Then our oldest son took his own life. Now, my wife is scheduled for surgery to re-construct her ankle.
With all that, we are still thankful for what we have. The layoff has allowed me to look at early retirement. This is something I would not have done if I was still working. It looks like I am going to be able to take early retirement and work either part time or at a low-stress job (and have time to work on my tractors).
Our son is at peace for the first time in his 35 year life. This is something he never knew when he was alive.
We have one son still with us. A lovely daughter-in-law and a beautiful grandson all of whom we love dearly.

Life is good. We serve a loving God who meets our every need.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds

To every thing,turn,turn,turn
There is a season ,turn,turn,turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven
A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, A time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep
To everything,turn, turn, turn
A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together
To everything,turn, turn, turn
A time of love,a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing
To everything, turn, turn, turn
There is a season, turn, turn, turn
A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace I swear it's not too late

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just happened to read your post Bigdog. I've had some classmates take their life over the years. My wifes uncle took his life and one of my oldest sons friend took his life a few years back. That is really tough to figure out, You have to leave it in the Lords hands and it sounds like that is what you've done. I pray the Lord will continue to strengthen you and your family.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bigdog, After reading your post, I looked to God and asked him for peace on your family and as I did I felt his presence. I see you are strong and can lead all your family to the comfort of God's love. Praise the Lord.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Durwood & Amicks, We appreciate your prayers. It has indeed been an unusual year for us. Sometimes I feel like Job. Having friends who support and pray for you is important. Especially those we have never met.
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I give thanks to the Lord every day for helping keep me sober these past 7 years, and for the many many blessings I have. My employer is still selling equipment, my wife and daughter are both healthy, my parents are still with us, as are my wife's parents. A few years ago, it wasn't going well at all, and I had reached a point where I had to realize that I was not in control of the world, nor could I make it conform to my ideas. That is when out of desperation, I asked for help and God gave me some. Some in the form of people that were able to teach me how to change, and some in awakening the dormant spirit inside of me that welcomed that change. I remind myself every day that things are according to his plan, not mine. Life is a LOT easier since I accepted that.

I'll pray for your family Bigdog, and wish you peace and happiness and that the Lord will watch over you and yours.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ashamed

I just read this thread for the first time. I must say I feel somewhat ashamed after reading these posts - especially Bigdog's. After a tough year in our family I must say that my problems are nothing in comparison. While the Lord has given you many burdens, he has obviously granted you a sense of faith and strength that many of us cannot even fathom.

Bontai Joe - I echo your observations on living life within God's plan.

God bless you all.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
This year has been a difficult for my family, but I agree with Gromulus, at least I have my health and my family is all together, near and dear to me. I was very concerned when my 16 month old son was very sick back in December with the possibility of him being one of those killed by the flu virus this year. Sometimes I do imagine the worse and I guess my job as an engineer does contribute to that level of thought (safety factoring/liability/worst case scenarios etc) We have had to put down a dear horse, a dog, a friend at work getting shot by his ex-father in law and had to shoulder lots of interpersonal problems, but all in all --- we made it and we are stronger because of it. My heart goes out to all of us who suffer and have suffered great loss. It does make us appreciate our short existence that much more when we realize how fragile our lives really are. God bless us all. No matter what tractors we might have here, I bet the grass is truly greener on the other side. :D Our thoughts and prayers go out to you bigdog and your family.

Andy

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
slipshod, that song by the BYRDS, most of the words for that song comes from the book of Proverbs in the old testament!! The Byrds added the turn, turn, turn, though.:smiles:

May God's blessing be on all of us as we face the challenges of each new day, and may we all accept the challenges with the blessings.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
patrs man

I knew that,I love that song.The Bible is the source of most inspirational songs that I have grown up with.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
After reading this thread, I began to ponder the awesome power of God and His love. Funny that it takes tragedy for me to begin to understand it.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Andy, I feel yur pain. My little girl[got a month on you, she is 17 months] had a real high fevor when she was 8 weeks old. 103 for about 5 days. Ended up she is prone to UTI's. She has been on antibodys eversence. There is the chance of kidny damange, but the test all show good, so we should be fine.

With all of that to worry about, plus, all I went through with my builder/house, it has been a REAL bad few years. BUT we have a famly. We now have a place to call home. And things are getting better. I have a LOT to be thankfull for

1 - 16 of 16 Posts