Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dug up some pictures of my Mustang. These are mostly some work in porgress pictures......

A garage full of new body parts waiting to go on. [this is from my old house]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Looks nice i think...
I am not that good to see far into the future to see how it will look...

What is it? 70-71 fastback?

ive always wanted to redo a dodge challenger (my first car at 16)

now that im in my mid life i thought i could have a crisis and redo my youth car...

How long do you think it will take you to get it up and running?

PS. It may be time to clean that garage! :)

sj

:merry:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Paul was there any part of that Mustang that was any good that sure is alot of new parts like pretty much the whole car.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jodyand
Paul was there any part of that Mustang that was any good that sure is alot of new parts like pretty much the whole car.
Jody

LOL

Well the thing is nothing was REAL bad, but almost all is kinda bad. If I was doing a quicky rebuild it would have been no problem. But I want this to last, so I am doing it right.

As for how long? God knows. Depends on time, and money. And it is a 70 coupe.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Argee
That's the best way, when it gets full....move. Kinda of like a car...when the ashtray gets full....sell it!:smiles:

Sell????? You are suposted to SELL a car after you are done with it? I thought you just parked it somewere, and told your self"One of these days, I will get around to rebuilding it":D :D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A shot of the rebuilt front suspention.

MachI disc brakes, 620lb, 1 inch lowerd springs, KYB gas shocks,all new arms, and bushings. I want to convert to rack and pinion stearing, but did not have the cash for it then. We will see how it goes when I start working on it agean.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My. "at the time" workshop. This is from when my wife removed the windsheld from the car. Oh, and if any of you are of the mind set, taht a woman can't do this type of work, you have never met my wife. She has done most of the dirty work on the car. Scraping the years of gunk, sealer, and undercoating off, and stripping all the paint off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sheld came out in one peice, and unbroken.:) :) :) All the glass made it, AND also surived two moves. Watch me brake it putting it back in.

BTW Leolav, or any restorers out there. Is there any places out there that pollosh glass? The windsheld, wille un cracked, has a LOT of fine scraches in it. A NOS one is almost impossable to get, and I realy don;t trust the fit of a repo one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is amazing where you uncover rust in an old car. This is the a-piller. Did not eaven know it was there till a putty knife fell in wile cleaning up after the windsheld removle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the heart.

Right now it is a standerd bore, 1973 351w block. When it get's shipped out, it will be .030 over, and decked to zero deck hight. With the heads, and pistons I have, it "should" come out to about 9.5-10 to one compression. [we will see when I test fit everything] I have a Edelbroke performer RPM intake, and cam set going in, with roller rockers. I am shoting for about 400hp.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the heads that are going on. If you know SBF stuff, they are one of the best stock heads. 69 style early 351w heads. They have been milled, big valves instaled, CNC ported, and michined to accept screw in rocker studs.

I had wanted to go with aftermarket alloy heads, but at the time they were WAY to pricy. Now the prices have come down to almost what I have in these, but what can you do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well this is all I got at this time.

With the Baby, and the new house, the car had been put on hold for the last few years. But it IS all snug in the new garage, and all it's parts are under one roof, so now we just need a little time, and money to start working agean. Hoping to get started on it agean this summer.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by admin
Truly nice, Paul --- Thanks so much for sharing ---- Keep it coming!

Andy
:D
Well, thats all I have for now. The next thing on my list is to cut out the old quater panels, and replace them, and some of the trunk/inner paniels, so that may be pretty soon.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Paul you done any work on the Stang:question: Were still waiting for some up to date pictures:D

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Jody, do you search all of the archives looking for people and their old project promises? Maybe we should start a new forum board called "Projects --- Their Progress and the Promises that Jody will haunt you with for years to come" ---

HAHAHA

J/K jody --- where is my rail iron?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts