Tractor Forum banner

15441 - 15457 of 15457 Posts

·
Master Tractor Tinkerer
3,822 Posts
Installed the snowblower paddles the customer dropped off yesterday. Took about 10 minutes. Called the customer. Waiting for him to pick it up.

Neighbor down the street broke the pull cord on his snowblower at the handle. Gonna drop it off here tomorrow morning.

Made pulled pork in the crockpot overnight. Tacos for dinner. Plenty left over for a variety of meals.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tractor Forum mobile app

·
Registered
341 Posts
Got half the house online with water this weekend....trick was using what cpvc I had on hand in addition to parts on hand by friends. The stores are done and people waiting hours to walk the empty plumbing aisle at Home Depot.

luckily, I had some cpvc pipe stored in top of barn, which got one bathroom and laundry back. Once PEx is available, I will be swapping all over

·
Registered
341 Posts
To bad about the deer, must have had quit a large population of them to haul that many away.

You pasture looks like ours get several times a year from freezing and thawing, or just excessive rain.
A few times a year we wonder if even the knee high muck boots will be tall enough.
We keep 3 pastures as winter feed lot fields that we know will have to be worked on and plowed and seeded every year.

Yes pex is a good plumbing solution either with the crimp fittings or the more expensive shark byte fittings.
Was planning on pushing hay spoils into the mud traffic areas when it dries up a bit. Then getting a load or two of fill dirt.

I have decided to go with PEX to re plumb the house. It will need to attach to cpvc risers as they all go through floor plates an up through the walls to interior fixtures. Don’t want to gut the house to replace plumbing inside walls but these have not frozen in the past. Plan on insulating it all and install pipe drains...most importantly I’m saving up for a whole house generator.

I have temp plumbing repairs to 2/3 of house using spare supplies I had on hand. There is NO plumbing supplies available here for a while due to massive demand.

Went by Home Depot in hopes of getting a can of pipe glue to find an hour or two wait to a nearly vacant plumbing aisle. I also learned they have NO glue left. Luckily my brother had a can and drove it over. Will probably be a month or so before PEX is available, so I have time to plan it all.

·
234 Posts
I use supplyhouse.com for much of my plumbing and hvac parts,
decent prices and fast shipping.
Of course I wouldn't be surprised that something as simple as PVC glue is on a no shipping list,
I know that my last order of tire patching materials the rubber cement has a hazardous material shipping.

·
Master Tractor Tinkerer
3,822 Posts
Neighbor dropped off a self propelled snowblower with the cord cut off. Fixed it in about 5 minutes. Shoveled some snow & ice from last night. Wife had a bag of ice melter in the back of her vehicle. Solid as a rock. Beat on it with a hammer & poured some on the icy areas. Customer picked up his snowblower & paid me double what I asked.

Shotgun front sight, fuel hose & Toro paddles arrived today. Sight installed. Cut a slot in the rubber buttpad for the sight adjusting tool to store.
20210222_123928.jpg
20210222_123850.jpg

·
3,200 Posts
Finished up the tower:
HPIM3145.JPG

Now to take it out back & stake it down when the snow clears. No way I'm going back there now, it was one year ago today that I fell in the back yard & tore up my left knee!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Finished up the tower: View attachment 71274

Now to take it out back & stake it down when the snow clears. No way I'm going back there now, it was one year ago today that I fell in the back yard & tore up my left knee!
Hey that is awesome looking...nice job. I’ve been telling myself to build a bird house.

That would sell like hot cakes here I’m sure....way better than the cheap China Virus made stuff.

·
Master Tractor Tinkerer
3,822 Posts
Yesterday, I set up a new rifle sling with a pair of qd swivels I purchased separately, made homemade pizza bread for dinner.

Today, I drove the neighbor to Walgreens for meds & knocked the last chunk of heavy ice dam off my roof. Lots of melting going on. Supposed to be 50*F tomorrow. Changed a burned out floodlight in the driveway. Removed, cleaned & oiled the bathroom exhaust fan.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Yesterday was fun filled. It started out with me driving to pick up some auction purchases. My navigator/wife didn't make it home from work on time, she had a training session. So I printed out directions from the 'puter. My 'puter lied to me about the time it would take to drive. It said the distance was just under 7 miles, and would take me 12 minutes. They have never driven on these roads. I left at 12:30 for a 1:15 pickup timer and needed every minute. I got a set of 3/4" drive sockets and a cased tool kit with 1/4" drive and 3/8" drive sockets and ratchets, all for $25. The pick up site was 1000 feet higher than the surrounding area, close to the local ski resort. What a great view! I needed the 4WD for the last mile of private snow covered gravel road. After that, I stopped at the post office. I got about 40 pieces of mail and every single piece was designed to get money from me, a bill, a donation or an attempt to sell me something. Do you folks ever get an old fashioned letter from family, friends, lovers? You remember, hand written words on paper saying stuff like "Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since my last letter. How are you?" Me neither. Then I went to my bank to order checks. Because I'm an old fart, I get a box of checks for free when I run out. Had a nice chat with my banker, then it was off to Burger King to get a late lunch. Hard to beat 2 Whoppers for $5. I got home at 3:00 and processed the mail, most of which will be burned. At 4:30 it was time for my nap. Today will be uneventful, mostly watching TV, scanning the 'puter for news and treasures, and playing with my cat.

·
3,200 Posts
Second Covid shot this morning, no problems --- so far!

Got home to contractors putting the underground cable from the pole to the house for fiber optic internet & phone. Scheduled for hookup Tuesday.

·
3,200 Posts
Worked on replacing some of the divots in the yard from snow pushing, then got Cubby & the 17P cart out to clean up the winter's yard sticks:
HPIM3147.JPG

Then used the 2025R to break down the snow piles for quicker melting:
HPIM3144.JPG

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Worked on replacing some of the divots in the yard from snow pushing, then got Cubby & the 17P cart out to clean up the winter's yard sticks: View attachment 71321

Then used the 2025R to break down the snow piles for quicker melting: View attachment 71322
Really nice job.

My driveway is the first thing to defrost. Thus, it becomes Creek Drive as it's full of water and no place to go.
Got to drive slow, else flood the engine.

Sadly, Tuesday looks to be 8F. Creek Drive then becomes Iceland Drive.

·
Master Tractor Tinkerer
3,822 Posts
52 degrees today. Took out the left middle & rear seats from my wife's minivan to gain access to the rear hatch. The handle is broken & can't open the rear hatch. Ordered a new handle on ebay for a little over $8. Got the interior panel removed & found the handle severely rusted. Removed it, scraped the heavy rust & soaked in Liquid Wrench. Got it working for now, but a new one will be better. Oiled the seat latches & reinstalled them after completely vacuuming out the vehicle. Tried to diagnose the right side door issue, to no avail. At least she has both front doors, left passenger sliding door & rear hatch working. Topped off the oil & washer fluid. Vacuumed out the engine compartment & wiped down some of the oily areas.

Put a few items away in the shed & organized some tools.

Got a doctor appointment tomorrow. Right shoulder been painful since August, high blood pressure meds needs to be approved, constant sinus headaches, arthritis in both hands, need to schedule a sleep study, etc. Seeing a new doc since the last 2 were quacks.

·
Super Moderator
9,271 Posts
Cleaned the barn (twice), put out a round bale for the horses and walked the dogs (twice). Same old, same old.

I've been working in the basement trying to sort out the wiring and put some heat down there. Got three baseboard heaters installed, two to go. Wiring for them is already there.... Hidden in the walls!! I'm not a happy camper. Anyways I've got it all sorted and we are now safe! I can't believe what they did!
Anyways, gutting the basement for a make over, and cleaning up the plumbing and electrical as I go. Pictures will appear some day! ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My wife made a dish for supper that I taught to her. It's "bachelor beef stroganoff" You take one 12 to 16 oz package of egg noodles (or your favorite pasta) and one large can of Dinty Moore beef stew, cook and mix together and in 15 minutes you have a decent meal with no measuring and little mess to clean up. And you can add what ever left over veggies and meat you might have in the fridge to the stew. I apologize if I mentioned this before, we eat it often.
Most times, the simplest meals are the best. Hearty, filling, little mess afterward so both can enjoy some quiet time.

Reactions: Clifford B.
15441 - 15457 of 15457 Posts