Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 15462 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get a load of pumkins on the trailer and out along the road for sale. I need to get the second B Allis final drive casting seals, bearings, axle, pinion shaft back in ready for the new brake wheels/drums. The engine for it has been overhauled, new clutch and pressure plate. I also rebuilt the transmission and had taken pictures of the steps doing that. Then make sure the truck and tractors are ready to go to New Haven Indiana for the Sunday pull. A full days work and only a half a day left to do it in.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Putting up shelving in the shop (one bay of my garage). Had some left over from the bedroom job. DONE!

May try to get the neighbor kid to help me get the arbor saw, jointer and router table out of the MH and into the shop. Kid was at sports practice all day..

Need to finish painting my "C" clamps. Forgot to get the paint, but did get 15 gal of fence stain @$17/gal...Ouch

Barn needs cleaning out and garden tools arranged, cleaned and ready for Fall.

Wanted to pressure wash the fence and get ready to seal but the weather turned to crap. Fog, drizzle. Later today/tomorrow may give me a window. DONE!

Got the gas out of the barn and into a "Rubber Maid" cabinet out by the garden. I'll probably rotate some of it to the car to keep my spare gas fresh.

Batteries! 2nd car, MH, boat all need to be "peaked up" and they have not been run for a while. Got a couple of bottles of distilled water for those that take it.

Enough for now, I'll see how far I get.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well me i had to go and get a tire for my truck and get a tire fixed on the wifes truck. I have the worst luck with tires.:rolleyes: The grass isn't growing so i don't have to mow nothing else going on here.
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Had to be in to work at 7:00 this morning...That's okay because it rained most of the day so far... If it ever stops raining here (10 days straight) I have a field to finish disking and hopefully get some rye on. Another 1/2 acre to plow down and get my garden turned under. The pines are losing their needles pretty fast now, so the first dry day I need to rake them up. Starting the next phase of my deck, so need to get the post holes dug....So much to do, so little time.:eek:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Storage Locker Auction

I went to an auction also today and bought a storage units contents for $175.00. 3-riding mowers, 5-weedeaters, 2-chain saws, a gas 3-hp 2" pump, 6-hp high wheel sears push mower, Buncha stuff for them small race cars, wheels & tires roll cage, wings etc. wash machine & lectric range, crank & heads. And a bunch more stuff that I cant think of. I went with my neighbor and we filled his pickup up and I have to get all that stuff out by monday noon so I am going to take my big trailer to move it in 1 load cause its 30-miles away from home.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
smelling like a rose

johnbron man looks like you made out like a bandit on that deal good going.:D
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
working this morning. spreading the last of my loam this afternoon then will pick up a load of bark mulch.. getting ready for winter..

sj

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Got some thing fun going on tomorrow! A family friend had the clutch go in his 444 IH, broken finger on PP, so tomorrow morning we wil dismount the loader and replace the PP with a good used one in stock ( came out of a tractor w 800 hours). Should be fun! I usually only get to take apart, putting back together takes actual skill.:D Luckily we have lots of service manuals, webought literaly a pickup load a couple of years ago, came out of an old IH dealership and have been adding to ever since.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Stained and sealed 650ft of cedar fence that goes around the whole back half of our property. Took about 4 hours with my new air compressor, 2 1/2 gal paint tank and spray gun. Fence is 9 months old and "seasoned" about right for sealing. Now it looks like brand new and Fall weather is on it's way.

My neighbor did the other side of the part that faces his property by hand and took him about 2 1/2 hours! That side is only 1/4 of the total length.

My beard has a bit more "red" in it, and I smell funny. Off to the shower...

Greg

·
Registered
37 Posts
I started building a 10' x 12' truss barn today that I hope to have done by the end of the week when I will be getting my new GT5000 garden tractor that Sears has on sale through Saturday. By the way, this will be my first ever tractor:D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Congrats

FarmerDave
Congrats on your new tractor I'm sure you will enjoy it i have heard nothing but good things on the GT5000. You will have to post pictures of the barn and GT when you get it done.:D
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
:cool: :D I went to town this morning and cast my vote to kick Davis`es azz outta office then I came home and painted 1 rear rim & seat for my 48-Cub. Another year and I might get this tractor back together. [ Yawn->:eek: ]

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
FarmerDave,

Congrats on your new GT5000. I've had mine for a few months now. I'm pretty happy with it. Had a GT3000 before that, but didn't care for the mower. Sears made me a deal I couldn't refuse...but that's a story for a thread of it's own.

GT5000 has good power, but sure loves to eat. Now I know why theyome with a 5 gal gas tank. That's a nice tractor your starting out with. Post what your plans are for it and some of the attachments you plan on getting on the Craftsman forum. Would love to hear about your plans.

·
Bovi-Sapiens
2,423 Posts
We have a thread like this on a local 4x4 forum I frequent and I thought it might work good here too. Basically you post snippets of what you accomplished, with pics if you so desire. Doesn't have to be tractor related at all, its just a place to show off what you do. I find it gives you a bit more insight into your fellow posters seeing what they do for fun, for hobbies, or just for work. If you have a thread about your topic here on the forum, please link to it so we can read the full scoop.

·
Bovi-Sapiens
2,423 Posts
I'll start.

The other day I took some time to work on my Jeep and give it some much needed TLC. I drive a 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited that is pushing 120,000 trouble free miles. I changed the oil, topped off all the fluids, rotated the tires, vacuumed it all out, Armor-All'ed the interior, cleaned all the windows, replaced a burnt out bulb, and I polished my badly yellowed headlights.

Before:

After:

:eek: All I can say is it made one heck of a difference!

I also got this from a friend for $5:

Its a 61" Samsung DLP Tv that didn't work. I replaced the projection bulb and it came back to life. I still have to replace the color wheel (bearings are grinding) but it at least works now. My TV room is way to small for it, but it looks awesome there! :cool:

So what have you been working on lately? :)

·
Bovi-Sapiens
2,423 Posts
Reactions: Tracoz
1 - 20 of 15462 Posts