Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week Nova Scotia ( on the east coast of Canada) got hammered. My cousin sent me these pictures of what Halifax looked like. They finally just got Schools open today!!:eek:

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=645a5696-becf-3546-1695-ee6c6347219a&size=>

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=6a4870c5-2270-4972-265f-1e284b5c1739&size=>

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=55d46307-1c81-60ec-69f8-6b7546f816ab&size=>
 

·
a day ahead of y'all
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Now that is some SERIOUS snow! How much was on the ground before this storm? Hope all are well.

Greg
 

·
EX Super Mod
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
So thats what a snow storm looks like:D
Jody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure hoiw much snow they had to start with, but I expect in the city they had it pretty much cleaned up. They have a HUGE harbor they can dump it into.
 

·
Tractor Lover
Joined
·
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
So thats what a snow storm looks like:D
Jody
No Jody....That's what an ass kickin' snow storm looks like....We had a similar storm like that a few years back in Sault Saint Marie, MI...they had 60" of snow in two days.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Originally posted by parts man
Last week Nova Scotia ( on the east coast of Canada) got hammered. My cousin sent me these pictures of what Halifax looked like. They finally just got Schools open today!!:eek:

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=645a5696-becf-3546-1695-ee6c6347219a&size=>

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=6a4870c5-2270-4972-265f-1e284b5c1739&size=>

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=55d46307-1c81-60ec-69f8-6b7546f816ab&size=>
ya l got family down there nice place there were l my horse plow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a picture of winter storm damage on the west coast of Canada, in Vancouver.

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4770c9be-7b3c-6c64-737b-27f07346238c&size=>

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 

·
EX Super Mod
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by parts man
This is a picture of winter storm damage on the west coast of Canada, in Vancouver.

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4770c9be-7b3c-6c64-737b-27f07346238c&size=>

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Thats how it is here wet. But nice this weekend sunshine and warm highs 69 and 70.
Jody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by parts man
This is a picture of winter storm damage on the west coast of Canada, in Vancouver.

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4770c9be-7b3c-6c64-737b-27f07346238c&size=>

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
hope you have hurricane insurance parts man
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Curb side pickup for bagged snow!

I had been reading about the snowfall back in my old home town in Pennsylvania. The town has perhaps 3000 folks and the code enforcement offier has ticketed perhaps 3/4ths of the town for improper snow removal and placement. Sure makes me glad I live in a snow free (for the most part) zone of the USA. Such things as not allowing folks to pile snow any higher than 60 inches, the entire width of a wallkway must be cleared. No snow can be positioned on the curbside or streets, which I can to some degree agree with. But just what is a person supposed to do when they shovel out their car after a 2 foot dump of snow, that fell on an already accumulated 2 feet of the stuff? The town stated that they had ample room for any snow fall amount to be placed in the landfill. So now I guess folks have to bag up their snow and place it at curbside for trash pickup. Pretty bad when a towns official goes around with a tape measure to measure how high a pile of snow is and then hands out a ticket.
 

·
EX Super Mod
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
Re: Curb side pickup for bagged snow!

Originally posted by Chipmaker
So now I guess folks have to bag up their snow and place it at curbside for trash pickup. Pretty bad when a towns official goes around with a tape measure to measure how high a pile of snow is and then hands out a ticket.
Thats funny:furious: bag snow:furious:
Jody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I wasn't able to have snow any more than 60" high, I'd have to cut off some of the drifts in my yard!!:rolleyes: Your tax $$$ at work!!!:confused:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top