Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my shop was burgurized I sure do miss some of the tools that were stolen. Most missed my Stihl .029 farm boss and my Dewalt cordless tools. Well I replaced the saw with a Stihl MS290 with 20 inch bar and logger chain. I do not like the anti-kick chain it binds too easy for my tastes. I also replaced my 18 volt tools, I bought the combo pack from Dewalt with circular saw, hammer drill, sawsall, and flashlight, also come with a charger and two batteries. I still have two of my batteries one extra charger and my cordless jig saw. Dewalt has made some improvements , the circular saw is a 6 1/2 " and the hammer drill is much nicer then my old one, but my stuff was about seven years old and well used.
I was filling my portable air tank and hauling it back and forth from the house to have on hand when I am working at the farm. But I don't need to do that as a friend of mine who is a craftsman bought a new unit and gave me his old one. It is not very old, but he hated loading it in his van because it is an upright oilless 5.5 hp craftsman with a 25 gallon tank and it tended to fall over on him. I tried paying him for it, but he isn't taking any money. Kind of a nice little compressor and it seems to make a lot more air then the little pancake one I had stolen.
Thankfully I am lazy sometimes, as I thought my Dremal tool kit, my Rotozip, and my sabre saw were gone too. Well they were in my basement here at the house right where I left them.
The other tool I am not going to go much longer without is a framing nailer as he stole my Paslode too. It was about ten years old and had starting double shooting from time to time, but I still miss it. Went looking at the new ones and got some sticker shock.
The dirtbag that robbed me is still in county lock-up and will be in court to face the music on October 8th, I will be there to watch the proceedings. As to insurance I have not decided if I will make a claim or not. I filed an incident report with them and I was advised to wait til there is a conviction.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well slip I'm glad to hear your getting to replace your tools. Hopefully some jail time will wake this dude up and straighten him out.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Thanks for the update. Sorry th hear that more of your stuff wasn't recovered. Getting new tools is usually nice but I imagine not so much fun under these circumstances.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just a thought, I'd also make a list of your stuff and give copies to the local pawn shops. I got a pistol back that way and got another thief what he deserved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts