Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tractor was working fine last time it was used, about 3 days before. Started it up, loader & 3 point hitch moving at a snails pace. Time for an oil change anyway so, changed fluids and both hydraulic filter & HST filter. Started tractor but no change.

The hydraulics do work a little better if the rpms are raised but still not as well as they did before the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Did you clean out the suction screen?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

Looked for a screen but couldn't locate it. With only 150 hrs on this tractor do you think a screen could be plugged?

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Quite possibly. When I did the first check on my John Deere, it was full of small metal shavings, though the hydraulics still functioned fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks so much. Will continue to look for it and see what I come up with. Hopefully, I won't have to dump all the new fluid.

·
250 Posts
Have you had any luck with your hydraulics,
did you find the screen?
On the 10 and 20 series the suction screen is located in the bottom of the case,
there are 2 triangular covers one on each side of the tractor, one of them is the suction line to the hydraulic filter, it may come out from either side, some will some won't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While attempting to locate the screen, I found a crack in the hose between the two pumps. It was on the backside so was very lucky to see it at all. Fortunately, there was just enough fluid on the hose to get my attention. Pump was sucking air causing the slow hydraulics. Repaired the hose and hydraulics working perfectly.

Now that I know where to look for the screen, I will service it when changing the filters. Thanks for all your help, guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts