Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new holder ( AW20476 ) for my clutch. I broke the spline gear that is on the tip of the clutch holder. Number 11 on the schematic. It is a spendy part at just under $1,000. Now how do I remove the holder? It looks like it is on a bushing and feels like a bearing because it spins so freely. Do I heat it and try to pound it off? I definitely do not want to break anything else. Or do I need to take to a shop and have it pressed off and then press the new one back in place?
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Circle

Green Wood Brick Gas Grass

Green Wood Grass Water Automotive tire
Green Wood Grass Water Automotive tire

·
Registered
252 Posts
My guess is ball(item 9) is utilized to retain holder on gearbox input shaft. Remove grease fitting to release the ball which should free holder.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
That holder costs nearly as much as the mower is worth. Can you convert it to a less expensive aftermarket slip clutch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The grease fitting is out if you look at the photo. I will clean the grease out and see if the ball falls out. Fingers crossed.

Once I remove the holder, I will see if an aftermarket slip clutch is workable. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were 8 balls in there that kept the holder in place. After soaking several times they all feel out and the holder came off with some taps. Thank you.
Now to figure out if the aftermarket will fit on the gear box shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts