Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was dumping my scrap bin today and ran across this. came out of a 1370 case the owner was complaining of slight knock he thought it was likely the lift pump

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks like it was more then a slight knock to mehmmmmm
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Bear, you should shine that up and get it chrome plated. Would make a nice conversation piece on your desk. I had a friend who had a bent Carillo connecting rod for a desk piece. Always got comments.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Bear, reminds me of a guy who drove a plow truck here many years ago,,, he had hearing trouble and the truck he drove punched a rod out through the block,, the mech asked him if it made any noise before it let go,, the driver said "It made a little tap,tap,tap, before it quit.":D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this one was still running he insisted on driving it into the shop. i stood clear was scared of being hit by block schrapnel if it pounded through

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Imagine the amount of force it takes to bend a rod like that. I saw a picture of an old hit miss engine with the rod almost bent in a U shape on another forum. I bet that made a tap tap when it happened too. :D

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by memmurphy
Imagine the amount of force it takes to bend a rod like that. I saw a picture of an old hit miss engine with the rod almost bent in a U shape on another forum. I bet that made a tap tap when it happened too. :D

Mark
That is NOTHING. You should see what a car motor does when one lets lose at about 6 grand:eek:mg: I have seen them bent into horse shoes, seen them break into peaces no bigger then a dime. You have a LOT of force at work inside a motor, and all the parts are designed to take that forse in a certin way. Something changes, and all He11 breaks lose.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hey Chief
Are you into Indain Motorcycles? I just wondered since your name is Chief and you mentioned Carillo rods.
Rodster

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
tap tap tap, BANG, that old familiar Tecumseh engine sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts