Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My usually reliable Simplicity Legacy won't run. This happened suddenly after a hard day of tree work. The engine turns over, but will not start. It will start briefly with starter fluid in the carb, but stops immediately. Seems to be starving from no fuel. Obviously has gas in tank. This happened very suddenly. I had just driven the tractor 1/4 mile to the job site with no apparent problems. I also maneuvered it around the job site several times just prior to having this problem. Any ideas? I'd be grateful for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My usually reliable Simplicity Legacy won't run. This happened suddenly after a hard day of tree work. The engine turns over, but will not start. It will start briefly with starter fluid in the carb, but stops immediately. Seems to be starving from no fuel. Obviously has gas in tank. This happened very suddenly. I had just driven the tractor 1/4 mile to the job site with no apparent problems. I also maneuvered it around the job site several times just prior to having this problem. Any ideas? I'd be grateful for any help.
OK ... getting no gas from the tank to the filter. Guessing its the fuel pump. Any ideas as to how to replace it?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Most of these engines have a fuel solenoid that shuts off fuel. You should hear it "click" when the key is turned on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of these engines have a fuel solenoid that shuts off fuel. You should hear it "click" when the key is turned on.
I presume the cut-off solenoid is on the carburetor. If so, I do hear the click when the key is turned on. I also got the engine running with an external gravity feed.

I presume this baby has a fuel pump, and I'm guessing that's where my problem lies. Any good posts out there showing one how to replace it.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
If you have a fuel pump, it will be in the fuel line from the fuel tank to the carburetor. They are relatively routine to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts