1,592 Posts
view to locate

Where the new building is going in relationship to the existing shop

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
one more look

I would be lost without this building .only problem with having building I work in ,in more then one location is multiple sets of tols

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Here is the gabole roofed 2x6 framed garage

This one is at my home. I have a cabinet shop upstairs. I used 18' trusses with no tails plated and joined with a rat run to get the roof effect.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by simple_john
36" wide enough? or 12" per vehicle should be ok, no?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, for 1/18 scale model cars, that would be ideal.

Sorry I meant 36'

but 36" should be ideal for this one...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
simple_john,

I plan on building a shed about the same size as you are planning. I've looked into stick-built, pole-barn, contracted pole barn, and steel arch. There all about the same when you factor in your time or paying for labor.
I'd rather pay for the "36 than the '36!Good luck with your garage.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish I had a Building

I want a building! I am looking at moving because the neighborhood I live in you can't have a de-attached building unless it is similar to your house and is brick.. TOO EXPENSIVE>>>

You really have some nice buildings...

Tau44

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Re: one more look

Originally posted by slipshod
I would be lost without this building .only problem with having building I work in ,in more then one location is multiple sets of tols
Slip,
I like my steak done medium well, and I don't want ya dropping it in the snow. :):):). Heck I could have a fun time putting Xmas lights on a building like that one.:thumbsup: :hooray: :D :D :smiles: :winky:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
So Simple John

Have you decided on what type of building your going to put up? Pole or stick frame? Remember, whatever you do, make it multi purpose. Eventually your needs change and you want a building that is easily convertible to the next need. Also helps for resale too.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Waiting to hear from a contractor, But spoke with a few of the metal building places.. they seem nice.. but when its all said and done, they cost nearly the same as the pre-built and then erected on site garage...

what i am leaning to is below;

prebuilt & 'Erected' on site:
40* 28
Upgrades: 3 insulated doors. Doors w/glass cost 130 more $$
2 windows 135 for extra windows
T11 siding
Asphalt shingles
PT Plate
17435$

decided against:

Miracle truss (metal building)

30*36*10

Id have to pay for:
wood, cost about 800$
Will have to buy the 3 doors here… 9 *8 door

Foundation needed…

Extra truss
10” eaves colored sheeting 30 year warranty
shipping no tax
all trim & hardware…
14,264$

So the metal bone cost 14264
plus id need to get the foundation, wood, doors and then build/erect the thing.

The erected one cost about the same, is a little bigger and i do nothing, except a little excavating. The thing i do not like about the erected one, is it uses trusses.

I am not sure if a local contractor can come close to the erected price. Im waiting to hear.. the local contractor would use a beam in the garage instead of trusses.. that would give me some storage room and something to mount a pulley on, if i ever wanted to use a come-a-long

21 - 33 of 33 Posts