Tractor Forum banner

shifter 2810

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  P71 
#1 ·
The shifter broke in half after less than 60 hrs. , it was impossible to get a good weld on it it was POT METAL......... now the Owner is Mad enough to Stomp Bunnies..:cry:

has anyone else had this problem.....????

and he's easy on it.. not a reckless bull.

#3 ·
I wonder if JB Weld would work on it? Probably wouldn't hold up at he stress point though unless you fab'd some kind of unsightly splint or something.

I know someone who busted off a corner of a transmission housing on a Jeep Wagoneer, to where the tranny fluid would pour out. He made mold out of tinfoil and put it on the missing corner. Every night he would put a layer of JB weld over the mold. I think he did it for a week or two. It worked.

Sorry to get off the subject here. You'll probably have to replace it. Is it under warranty?

#5 ·
It is a new machine and still under warranty!

Have him contact his dealer. Save the bunnies stomp on the dealer till its fixed

#6 ·
thanx for all the replies, yes, it is still under warranty, and they are sending him a new shifter,
But the guy at the boatyard made him a "Temporary" one out of stainless steel rod,.... Probably better than the Replacement:captain:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.