Share your home made attachments

Discussion in 'Repair & Technical Discussion' started by joshc, Mar 7, 2011.

1. joshc

joshc Country boy at heart

Aug 16, 2010
    I got the idea from grnspot110, so I can't take all the credit. But I did my own build and it's my first attachment i've made. I'm sure there will be more to come! This is my fork lift attachment on my JD 790 using the quick disconnect setup.

Attached Files:

2. BelarusBulldog

BelarusBulldog Registered User

Feb 19, 2011
    Looks good, nice welds! How did you cut the square holes in the top plate? Bye

3. joshdeere

joshdeere New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I built the front grapple/brush rake attachment, the rear rotating grapple is a Valby.

Attached Files:

4. BelarusBulldog

BelarusBulldog Registered User

Feb 19, 2011
    That is very impressive! I think it's great that so many people are turning their hand to making their own implements, rather than buying them. That looks stronger then most factory ones I've seen. Keep up the good work.Bye

5. joshc

Aug 16, 2010
    Now that is awesome! I've seen those in magazines and thought they would be really handy.

I bought the forks and upper and lower bars on ebay, so they came with the notches in the right place.

6. grnspot110

grnspot110 Registered User

Aug 1, 2010
    Nice job Josh! :thumbsup:

I was just passing along assistance I'd gotten from this & other forums. I believe that's the idea, to help where you can!

While I'm here, this is the chain box, grille guard, forks & boom I made for my 790;

Attached Files:

7. joshc

Aug 16, 2010
    I love the chain box, that's a great idea!

The boom on the front--does it do a good job? When you have a load on your front end and start to pick it up, does it tend to 'let down' before it gets pressure built up to actually pick up? Mine does it when I have a load and I've already got the object off the ground, stop, and then go to pickup again.