Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
big allis where would i look on my w patrol for serial # it looks like they ground the wc serial # off the rear end housing?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by bear
big allis where would i look on my w patrol for serial # it looks like they ground the wc serial # off the rear end housing?
Does that mean it stolen:eek:mg: or is there some other reason it would be ground off:question: :smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
518 Posts
Bear u got me on tht one i never bin around a w patrol n never new thy dnt have serial nmber got be one someplace tho yers must be HOT:flamedevi lol:driving:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have had a couple of these w patrols and the # was ground off all of them. they still have one in town they use and i have 1 for parts they are ground as well as the one i have now.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Bear thts somethng tht tracvtors wldnt have serial number maybe its cause thy were shipped 2 canada ill have try n do some investigating u got me wanderin on this one to :party:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Bear i looked in one my allis books tht has all the seril nmbers n locations it says tht the WC speed maintainer and W speed patrol serial numbers are located on rear differential housing like the reg WCs engine nmber also says bout plate on left drawbar member for the maintainer and on the patrol a plate on the right front frame extension might just be tht yers are rubbed out cause thy were sold in canada i have listing in this book of serial nmbers for both so thy must have serial numbers hope this helps:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
b a do you know if there were any casting dates on the w series that would give me an approximate year?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts