Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went today and bought a new self propelled Husqvarna mower. It has the honda 5.5 H.P. Than I read that the drive system is bad because there is suppose to be some small plastic part that breaks. Anyone know anything about this subject. I tried it out for about an hour and I really like it.
Thanks, robdl

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome

Welcome robdl :friends: glad to have you aboard what mower are you talking about:question: What kind of warranty do you have on it is it front wheel or rear wheel drive. Who told you this had a small plastic part that breaks:question:Give me some more info and i will see what i can find out. But just enjoy your new mower and we will get the answers for you.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Is this the mower you have.
Jody

mower

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Let me offer my welcome as well robdl! :friends: :cheers: I am not up on my Husky mowers but have you check on their website to see if they have any info. on this?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Plastic Parts

My Husqvarna Rider 970 has plastic gears on the mower deck running the timing belts to the secondary blades. When I got mine the previous owner had hit a root and broken one plastic pulley at the keyway, allowing the pulley to spin on the shaft.
The dealer just realigned the blades, instead of replacing the broken gears when they took it in for service. This allowed the blades to hit and caused the previous owner to give up on it.

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good!

The gears were 24 each. Metal diecast would be at least $60 each. That's why they use plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts