1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Boy, another opportunity to get to the bottom of the
elusive Sears electric lift kit. :elephant:

Hi, I’m new to this site and have been trying to find out
how to get an electric lift for my 2003, GT5000.
I spoke to my local store but nobody in the store
knew anything about this option. I then called the
Sears 800# and was told that the electric lift is not
available for the GT5000. But then I look on the
Sears web site and see it as an option, but no part#
is given for it.

If anyone has the pt# for this please post it, or if you
bought one at your local store, could you PLEASE
get the part # for it the next time you visit your store.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Could it be that the web site is in error? I have tried searching for it with no luck. In fact, I couldn't find it on the sears web site. Sorry I couln't offer more help-John:nerd:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I've got one on my GT 3000 and love it, but don't have any idea if it would be the same for a GT 5000. I can't seem to find the book that came with it. When I come across it I'll post the number.......

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
aegt5000
I think they've replaced the old part number with a new onr but not sure what it is. There were some posts a while back here on this from Ed or Jeff, I think. My sears has a big laminated book with a lot of things in it but I haven't been there in awhile, see if you can find it at yours

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was at Sears last night and looked at the 2004 tractor attachment guide in the store. The old lift is no longer listed, but there is a new model. There is a picture of the new model along with the part number (which I did not note down) in the book. From the picture the new lift attached to the draw plate and pulls the drawbar up and down, much as the atv winches some have mounted.

I asked the salesman for a price check but there isn't a price in the computer yet. For what its worth the salesman thought it would be added in mid March, but I have no idea how accurate is information is.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Jeff
So does that mean it would only work rear attachments? Sounds like it won't lift the deck or snow/dozer blade?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for looking Jeff.

I'll check with my store to see if anyone knows about this book.
I have never seen such a book on display in my store, but
maybe I just need to ask for it.

·
674 Posts
I saw the lift you guys are talking about in the book at sears also. It looked like it replaced the handle on that "new" type sleeve hitch.

Does the new sleeve hitch have spring asisted like the old one?
I see that it is priced lower @ $119. Vs. $149.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Originally posted by Ed_GT5000
I saw the lift you guys are talking about in the book at sears also. It looked like it replaced the handle on that "new" type sleeve hitch.

Does the new sleeve hitch have spring asisted like the old one?
I see that it is priced lower @ $119. Vs. $149.
I guess I don't know if I have the new or old sleeve hitch. I've had it about a year and a half. There must be something different as mine was a bit more costly than these prices. The model number is 757.252313 and it works with the hand lift or electric both.

I still haven't found the book on the electric lift but I'm still looking for the number......

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Pete,
Looks like you have the older one made by brinly (757) This is the same part # as mine and I got mine in the spring of 2000. If you can find the part #, we could trace it back to the OEM supplier by the three prefix #'s. That's how how I got my snowcab. Anyway, I might get a chance to stop at my local sears tomorrow, if so I'll try to find some #'s in that book.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Ok I went to sears today and looked through the book in L&G. The electric lift assist kit was still in it. The part # is 917. 24245 and it's made by AYP, and lists at $399.99. The description in the book says it mounts to the master lift system on all garden tractors that have a rail frame. It is something that can still be ordered, so I ordered one. I didn't really want to spend $400 on it, but had thought about it for awhile and always chose something else, first the snowblower, then the cab, etc. So I figured before it's gone forever I might as well take the plunge. It is a special order and on the sales receipt is listed as 71 24245 ASSIST KIT. Now when I first tried to order it the girl couldn't get it into the system even though the item came up on her screen, I had to wait about 10 minutes for the regular L&G guy to get back from his break, he said it was available but because of it being a special order had to be entered differently through the manufacturer not the warehouse. At any rate should have it around 2/27.

Oh yea and by the way my wife was with me at the time so needless to say it also cost me a pair of boots LOL

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sixchows......
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: YOU DA MAN ! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I ordered mine 5 min ago, Mar 1st delivery using the 800#

:elephant: :partydanc :elephant: :jumpropeb :partydanc :elephant:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
aegt5000
Nice to see someone else jump in, at least you were smart enough to do it over the phone and save the trip to the shoe dept!LOL

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sixchows… I Didn’t have much choice.

I tried to order it on line but the part number came up “No Good”:eek:
My local store is clueless when it comes to Lawn and Garden. :what101:
The 800# was my only shot !:thumbsup:

Glad you were able to get that Pt# and get one for yourself.:headclap:
I had pretty much given up on it and now I am finally getting one.:elephant:
Thanks again. :D

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
aegt5000
Glad to help! Next time you're in the store see if they have that book. The store I went to had it mounted on a small table near the tractors. It's setup like a ring binder with all the L&G stuff and some special order stuff like york rakes, ag tires, sleeve hitch mounted tiller instead of the tow behind one in the attachment flyer, the hand held hose for the mownvac, etc. Oh, and speaking of the mownvac, this year's 8hp hardtop version has a new flip up lid, looks nice. This might be something to add to the one you're building. Mine only has the removable back, so I have to tilt it to dump and then rake out whatever gets stuck. It's kinda hard to reach all the way to front, but if the lid was up it would be real easy.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I'm glad you fellows were able to run the electic lift down. I still haven't found my book that came with mine so I called my Sears store today. I didn't learn anytbing except is should still be available. Some help that was without any way to get it from them. I think you'll like it just fine when you get it installed. Let us know how much if any problems you have with the installation. Mine wasn't so bad.....

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sixchows…
I’ll look the next time I’m there but you have to remember this is Long Island.
Just seems like the stores here think the only thing people buy is cloths, jewelry
and ridiculously expensive little figures make of glass.

Long Islander’s idea of a Lawn and Garden purchase is spending $5000 on a
table and 4 chairs for their patio. The north fork at the eastern end of the island
use to be farm country but now its all about the Yuppies coming out to do the
wine tasting thing. A good number of the small farms have been purchased by
the Wineries and converted to vineyards.

Don’t get me wrong, I love it here. We live on the northern side of the island where
it’s not very crowed. It’s an area that was once made up of large estates that have
since been sold and subdivided. The property I now live on was actually part of an
older estate that I worked on as a kid ! It’s a great place to live but if your looking
for tractor stuff, it ain’t western PA or upstate NY.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Because the new lift attaches on the back I don't see how it could lift the deck (or plow, if attached instead). I understand the old lift attached under the tractor near the lift lever and therefore raised raised both mower deck and sleeve hitch.

$400, ouch thats half of a Johnny Bucket. I've just got done explaining why I need to order a JB next month, so I guess I'll be using the manual lift on the sleeve hitch for a few more months.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
They are a little expensive and if all I was going to do was mow I wouldn't have considered getting one. I wanted to use a box scraper and bucket on the back and a dozer blade and bucket on the front. They were all just a little heavy to raise with the lift lever if I did much work.

I thought about building a hydraulic lift but it would have cost more and there really isn't a good place to mount it . At least the electric lift is made to fit and works well.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Jeffgt
The part number I posted above is for the old style electric lift, it attaches to the frame and raises and lowers anything attached to the main deck lever. So it would control the older sleeve hitch, and the deck and front dozer blade. The new style will only control the sleeve hitch, I didn't ask how much that one was since I have the older setup.

Pete
Not sure when I'll get to install it, I still have the blower and cab on. Do you think I could work around it? I know if I take the cab off we'll have the blizzard of the century!! LOL

1 - 20 of 90 Posts