Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what this is but it looks and it has been park judging by the tree that grew into it.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side view

from the the side

What is it?

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from the back

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its not my tractor, I saw this on the side of the road by Texas Parks and Wildlife HQ. It does look complete I don't know what it is but looks very restorable. I will see what he want for it hopefully it's free. It does have a model plate on it but I wasn't going to jump the fence to read it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
:ditto: I agree with Bear

It looks alot like my dads old f20 especially with that steering column across the top and the radiator exposed in the front. That was a great old tractor. I think he gave it to someone who was willing to haul it off for free many years before I had a place to take it:cry:

Andy

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This road is new (less than 3 years old) not very well traveled it was in a barn that had collapsed and the wood was removed last spring. So it hadn't been seen by the public

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a Farmall F-12 1936, last ran in 1961 it is complete with implements.

Now I am at a crossroad. Should I go get or leave for someone else? Right now my plate is full and I am not sure if I would be kicking myself sometime later down the road if I don't restore it. It I do take it home it will sit for a couple of years before I can get to it or I will wait for some else to take off my hands and restore it.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Good call Ryan....:thumbsup:

Wingnut....grab it and store somewhere. You'll regret not taking one so complete...:D

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you can swing the $$, I'd say get it. It's certainly not gonna hurt it to sit a couple of more years until you can get around to it. Besides, if you don't you will be kicking yourself later!:D

Angel

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Get it if you can and just put some oil in the cylinders. I'm sure its stuck right? That way whenever you get time to work on it hopefully the oil will have loosened the pistons a bit.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Grab it. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eaven if you just dig it out, spend a few hours putting some oil on it, it would be worlds better for a future restore. By you or anyone. Hate to see an old girl just SIT there rotting!!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
i'd grab it if i were you put some oil in the cylnders and grab the crank once in a while. it will be far better in your yard than someone elses

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by Wingnut
It is a Farmall F-12 1936, last ran in 1961 it is complete with implements.
What implements are with it? Those may be worth more than the tractor if they are in decent condition. Just a thought. Go for it!!

Andy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts