Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK picture looks good on my end, but printing a bit big still. Lets try a LITTLE smaller.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well looks like that one does it. A 55% reduction from scanned size. How does it look???

·
Registered
977 Posts
looks good paul. now that your the expert can you get it back to original size. i shrunk down a pic for my avatar then went to go original size and its all fuzzy?

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Bear...

Always....Always...Always...make a copy and work with the copy...NOT the original! Been there...done that!:D :D

Small pics generally don't "blow up" well. Lots of technical reasons and parameters.

Paul,

Looks good!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by bear
looks good paul. now that your the expert can you get it back to original size. i shrunk down a pic for my avatar then went to go original size and its all fuzzy?
Bear, when you shrink it down you actually lose every second piece of data (or whatever proportion you picked) then when you blow it back up there's no data there. Even if you use a fancy program that manufactures the missing data by averaging what's around the hole, it's still going to lose something. If your program just stretches the data to cover, it'll be worse.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Bear another option is to get a image resizer. The one I use is from Microsoft. Do a search for PowerToys from Microsoft. Then look for image resizer from their site. When you resize using this program it makes a copy in the size you want and saves the orginal image for you automatically.:eek:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Originally posted by Greg
Bear...

Always....Always...Always...make a copy and work with the copy...NOT the original! Been there...done that!:D :D

now you tell me ;)
i'll try that michael the picture is in a tf forum but when i tried to save it to my computer it comes up as a red x

·
Registered
499 Posts

now you tell me ;)
i'll try that michael the picture is in a tf forum but when i tried to save it to my computer it comes up as a red x

the red X means your computer isn't getting the picture.......likely because the picture is stored somewhere else and is only there via HTML commands.............. I tried to save sixchows avatar and that worked, so i tried to save the bostitch nailer off simple-john's post about nailers. Worked fine.

What picture were you trying to save? And when you say it comes up as a red x, where is it coming up as a red x? What did you do before it came up as a red x?

·
Registered
977 Posts
its in the big tractor forum general discussioon "i did it again" its the one of the rd7 in the trees i right clicked on it and tried to save it back to computer and just got the red x so i tried to e-mail it to myself then save it same red x come up

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
its in the big tractor forum general discussioon "i did it again" its the one of the rd7 in the trees i right clicked on it and tried to save it back to computer and just got the red x so i tried to e-mail it to myself then save it same red x come up
bear,

Are you just clicking on the attachment text and trying to save it without clicking and opening it up first? Try opening up the attachment on the webpage first and make sure the webpage and pic load up all the way before you save the pic.

Here's a link to the page where the pic is: bear's cat

I like that pic. Could make a good desktop pic.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
The picture saved fine for me to. Bear i emailed it to you let me know if you got it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts