Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read with interest the thread about the chain saws!Well it got me thinking about how many saws of all types I own.Let me list the ones that come to mind and you tell me if my wife is right when she says I have too many tools.
1969 Homelite super xl chain saw,Stihl farmboss .029 chainsaw,3 smaller trimming chain saws,Powermatic cabinet makers table saw with a Vega fence system and all the toys to go with it,complete set of Dewalt 18 volt plus 24 volt circular saw(it was on sale could not resist it) ;including circular, jig,sawsall and hammer drill,Delta model 1400 bandsaw,Dewalt 12 inch radial arm,Makita 16 inch timber framers circular,Makita chain mortiser,and here's a biggie Simplicity bandmill it will cut boards 32" wide by 32 feet long,also portable.I know I have even a few more that haven't come to me.Maybe next post I will make a list of supporting tools I own,such as lathes,drill presses, bisquit joiners,routers,shapers,joiners.Did I mention that I have a 20 inch thickness planer?
Please don't mention this post to my bride of 34 years she gets riled too easy as it is.:D

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
post script

something I forgot to mention;as a moderater for the safety section and saw handler I can still count 10 fingers and 10 toes!

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Impressive list, puts me to shame...

JD 3816 chainsaw
craftsman jig
Dewalt Reciprocating
craftsman 8in circular
someone stole my backup craftsman 7 1/4 :(
Sears 10in radial arm (very old puppy)
Dewalt 10in compond mitre (or is it 12... don't remember.. DUH)
16 inch Scroll Saw on it's own stand
various handsaws (cross cut, straight, hack)
and a neat saw on a pocket knife :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Slipshod,
Where's the gas-power pole trimming saw! I am thinking about buying one of those myself but the wife is giving me chin music about. Irony is, she uses the manual pole pruner far more than I do.

Also, I was thinking about chain saw safety when I read and posted in the tractor safety forum you moderate. In my mind, a chain saw has to be one of the most inherently dangerous pieces of equipment one can use short of defusing claymor mines. I'm sure, a whole lot of we tractor lovers have large treed properties. Where's there's lots of tree there usually is one or more chain saws so you might want to include a power tool thread or two in the safety forum.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
saw safety

Dear Tisenberg,
You say you have had some close calls with chain saws. Well get your butt over to the safety forum and tell us about them.
slipshod!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deerebob

Funny you should mention a pole trimmer chain saw. Just the other day I mentioned to the wife how handy one of those would be.I got the LOOK!:mad:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Never have enough

A man can never have enough tools thats why they keep coming out with new stuff that way you can keep adding to your list.:D
Jody

·
Registered
9 Posts
pole saw

I have the Stihl pole saw....even when I have it adjusted out to the maximum length, I feel in total control of it! But then again, I am 6'3" and 240...but my wife uses it and she has never mentioned it being awkward or anything. It has been a great addition to the farm, just cut the high limbs and pick them up later...we tried every other way before I broke down and spent the $500+ bucks , but I dont regret it one bit now! We did the standing on the ladder in the trailer, stand up in the loader bucket and hope you dont fall out, but nothing is a quick and easy as the pole saw!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts