Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Years ago my dod had a movie 8MM camera. I copied them onto a VCR tape. Is there some way to put them on a CD or do I need to use a DVD? It is a short movie. Any info on what I need to do this is welcome.
Rodster

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Rod they make a DVD recorder for doing that. But i know you are looking at the cost of blank DVDs They are alot higher in cost over the Cd's. I know you can put them on Cd's cause i know someone who does but don't know how he does it. I asked him and he wouldn't tell me he said if you didn't know how you could mess up your burner. He downloads movies off the net and puts them on two Cd's and thats like an hour per Cd.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
First you need a digital to analog converter or "bridge" between your VHS and your PC. You can buy these outright, or if you have or know someone with a Digital Video camera, you can use the camera as a bridge or a "pass through" btw. your VHS and PC.

Once you get digital video to PC, you need a program for saving and editing. I think Windows "Movie Maker" probably comes with XP, and is actually usable now. :D

You can then burn a VCD or SVCD movie on a CD, or burn a DVD (DVD will be best quality). Not sure of what burning software comes with Windows. Roxio makes a good, flexible, burning program.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts