Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have any online sources for velcro backed 6" sanding disks. :idea:

I am looking at the Ridgid 6" ROS. My Home Depot only has a limited selection of grits on hand. I hate to drive to the next bigger store, I always run out of things when I need them the most. :peace:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
Leo's an abrasive guy!:smiles:
Yea an abrasive guy for the stars of TV.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
So Leo, do you make or deal with abrasives. Abrasives are one thing I use pretty frequently in my home shop. I like a good abrasive that lasts and gives a decent finish. I won't mention any names of where i have been getting my stuff but if prices are right I can always switch ;-) It'll be awhile though as I just bought close to $200 worth just before Christmas.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My company makes sandpaper and grinding wheels for welding and industrial applications, as well as auto body and woodworking.

Definitely not the cheapest around, but they are known as being the best quality in the industry. Norton and 3m can't touch our quality.

I do alot of the design work on the coated abrasives (sandpaper) for new products. I also do alot as an applications expert for sanding and grinding in a variety of applications. Take me all over the US and Europe.

In my former life, I designed and managed Autolite Spark Plugs, ignition wires, and Fram Oil Filter. But that was the mid 90's.

I love my job.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
leolav i only ever heard of 3M and Norton who else make sandpaper products.
Jody

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leo, check your PM.

Thanks for the help so far. If anybody else has any suggestions or ideas let me know!!:pedro:

It looks like I am going to start stripping and redoing our kitchen cabinets this weekend. I am going to strip off the paint and earlier finishes with some stuff called stripeze. Then I am going to sand them all down smooth as a babys bottom and restain them a light or honey oak and then put a coat or two of poly. Plenty of work for me!!!! Of course thate are some new tool coming. :thumbsup:

It is a ploy to get power tools!!! Project=tools!! Plus the house gets upgrades!
:party:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back at ya man.

Just talked to the wife and we are buying stuff tonight.
She is the taskmaster in the family. We plan, I work!angel

I might have talked her into a airless sprayer for the project as well! I am going to busy for a while!!!!
:peace:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I got the crew started on the kitchen this weekend. We got the doors off, hardware removed and the frames painted. :thumbsup:

We have to get the doors and drawer fronts stripped and sanded this weekend.:eek:mg:

Once we get them smoothed out then restained and then a couple coats of Poly. The crew will be busy!:truth:

Here is a pic of my foreman hard at work!
:lucky:

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks like hes hard at work with that drill.
Jody

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I almost said my forman works cheap, but when I though about it he is very well paid!!!! They are a couple of handsome guys! Aint kids grand!!!!!! :pedro:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
stewart

We are dancing to the same fiddler there. That is a fine looking pair of boys. Kyle is also a Jr. Mechanic.Grandpa bought him his first set of tools at 6 years old. My daughter-in-law thanks me all the time.:mad:#[email protected]$:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts