Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
:ditto: me too didnt know it ran up until 1985.
Jody

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I do not mean this in a disrespectful way.But I thought he died years ago.The was also a guy on WGN channel 9 who had a morning show for kids during that same period.Ray Reiner he also died this week.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Johndeere,
You may be thinking of Mr. Green Jeans, don't recall is given name, but I think he died several years ago.

We also recently lost a local lady, Lucy of Lucy's toy shop that aired back in the 60's on WBNS in Columbus. I was out to their home several times over the years on service, last time was two weeks before she died. She was a very nice person and will be missed.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by johndeere
I do not mean this in a disrespectful way.But I thought he died years ago.The was also a guy on WGN channel 9 who had a morning show for kids during that same period.Ray Reiner he also died this week.
I said the SAME thin to my sister when she told me. Kinda sad that once these people drop out of the lime light, people just kinda forget.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
We still have J. P. Patches who was a local clown on tv in the Seattle area when I was a kid visiting my grandmother and grandfather. I was from Iowa and the neat thing was our grandparents had 2 tv's and we would run from the living room to the family room to watch the Captain and J.P. Patches on the local stations. I still remember to this day the ping pong balls being dumped on the Captain.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No more

My son watches all the new stuff and I have been wondering what happened to these old shows.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I watched

Superman,Sky King, and The Lone Ranger growing up.Never was much for The Captain or those types of shows.Loved Highway patrol and Sgt. Joe Friday,also watched a lot of Perry Mason because mom liked it.She was bigger then me at the time and controlled the tv.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts