Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wanting to get 48" rotary cutter for my 2210.
It will primarily be used for occasional cutting of tall field grass, and small clearings in the woods. I have cut with, and have access to, an '8 foot Bush Hog and an old Allis D17, so I wont be needing heavy cutting capability with the smaller cutter. I think anything bigger for the 2210 will be pushing it due to limited PTO HP (17.5), and the extended length which would create a need for more weight in the front of the tractor.

Does anybody have the JD LX series rotary cutter? I believe I can get a JD LX4 or a 48" Land Pride cutter locally. I haven't priced them yet. I saw an LX4 awhile back, but have not personally seen a Land Pride RC. I'm assuming the LX4 will cost more being that it is painted green. Are the LX's worth the money? How about Land Prides? As I stated before, I need something only for light duty, but don't want to buy junk, either.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have seen several LX4 in my area and they seem to work well. The local New Holland dealer is also a Woods dealer and they sell Woods branded rotary cutters. A while back they had a sell on a 42" RCC42 cutter for $600.00, I know a little small fro your needs but it really matches well to my Kubota L185 and does a nice job on my pasture. You might want to take a look at some of the Woods stuff not as expensive as the JD or Land Pride stuff but really nice units.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Michael, I had forgotten that my JD dealer can get Woods stuff, as that's where I got my Woods toothbar for my FEL. :duh: I'll inquire about the Woods RC's.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, the 42" size would probably be ok, because what I will be using it for does not have to be done quickly or in one day, like sometimes my finishing mowing has to be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts