Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used my blower for the first time last night. A few things I have noted.

Putting the blower together and installation were uneventful. No major surprises. Just took a little more time.

The blower works incredible. I was throwing snow between 30 and 40 ft to either side. The snow was also very wet due to melting. I was just out messing around with it.

It is very easy to lift the chute and redirect the chute to either side from the seat.

Only gripe I have with the blower is that at night, it is very difficult for the headlights to "see" over the chute, especially when raised. I plan on using some "fog lights" to solve this issue in the next week.

Overall I give this attachment 4 stars on a 5 star scale. As I use it more, I will let you know how it wears and performs over time.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Please post more details on your review such as model #, purchase price, pictures, etc.

Thanks for the review posting, leolav.

Andy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Model number is 24846. I got it for around $1100 on sale.

I will get pictures of it later as i still have not added the suitcase weights, but with my lard butt, not sure I will even need them. I am using wheel weights and chains on my machine.

It is suggested to raise the blower when backing up. I found it easier when messing around with it to simply turn it around and keep plowing.

I think I need to adjust the blower up. It slid alot when I tried to turn. I will mess with it more this weekend.

I also put my plow on my other machine this week. It will be for the small snowfalls and the blower will make one pass for the cleanup.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by leolav
Only gripe I have with the blower is that at night, it is very difficult for the headlights to "see" over the chute, especially when raised. I plan on using some "fog lights" to solve this issue in the next week.
I here you there. You can't always plan on when your going to blow it. Night time is a real PITA with the standard light arrangement.

I picked up some work lights to put on mine. Still designing a bracket for the lights. Need one that sits behind the chute so it doesn't pack them with snow. Form would be square tubular steel bolted to the mounting bracket or sides of blower housing. Function would be the same set up using angle iron.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started to fab some out of stainless steel angle iron this weekend. I have it welded to the blower now, all I have to do now is get some lights. It was also my first time trying to weld different metal. Took about five tries, but I got it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts