Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going the whole spectrum from early days on the 35mm's, the classics, and the disc cameras (remember those) and then back to 35mm, then to my first digital in like 96 for a ton of $ for just a large clunky 640x480 box (used PC memory though --- a little nice and cheaper!) then moved up from there, 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 6 to 12MP cameras. Landed at the Digital-SLRs Nikon D1X and Fuji S2s -- amazing cameras and still could use nearly all of my Nikon glass. Got everything from firewire editing tablets to Photoshop CS (8) and tons of other stuff and still it all seems manipulated, enhanced, digitized ---- :D

I picked up my trusty Nikon SLR (FILM!) camera and went back to shooting with it for this past weekend. Simple, classy, and fast.
It was quite refreshing not to have to worry about peering at post-preview histograms nor zoom/focus charts to see if I actually got what I wanted from the image. It was up to me, just me not fancy CCDs nor photo-imaging software to get the picture, just me --- the photographer. I do have a slide scanner and this helps, but alas no darkroom! :clap: ----- While I won't be totally dropping my fine 6 and 12MP cameras from my shooting repertoire anytime soon, it is nice to know that I can still venture out and remain a purist when the time arrives. :D

Smiles,
Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I have an old Pentex that i bought 25 years ago that i still use on a regular bases. It still take great pictures.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
I have an old K1000 that I use all the time. My only real camra
Thats the same one i have Paul it takes good pictures don't it. It has no bells and whistles but its a good old 35mm camera.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I use the Nikon F100 and the cheap but FANTASTIC N65 SLR ------ :D BTW, Brian let me know if you ever have any sponsor boat shows down in the south....love to get out there and take pics.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Thats the same one i have Paul it takes good pictures don't it. It has no bells and whistles but its a good old 35mm camera.
Jody

Ya takes AWSOME pictures. Trying to find a zoom lens for mine.It's so old noone has anything for them.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I have one i bought it at Sears about a year after i got the camera its a one touch zoom lense. It is 80-200mm and 35-70mm compact one touch macro zoom lense. It works good can get some very close shots with it.
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I have an old Yashica TLE with a broken light meter so I have to use a hand held instead. It is still a lot of fun. One of the reason I purchased the Sony DCS75 was it handled like a SLR. You can control the total exposure by putting it on manual.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
I have one i bought it at Sears about a year after i got the camera its a one touch zoom lense. It is 80-200mm and 35-70mm compact one touch macro zoom lense. It works good can get some very close shots with it.
Jody
I have a 80-200 for my ex Cannon eos[it got stolen, just had the 50mm on at the time] and I used it ALL the time. Have to spend some time on ebay when I get the cash to pick one up for the Pentax.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for some reason never had anything but Minolta 7000 and everything else has been Nikon only ---- no canon or pentax nothing... NIKON ALL THE WAY! :D

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two Canon F-1's, all mechanical doesn't even need a battery unless you want to use the built in light meter. I have many quality lenes, filters, and flash. Haven't taken a picture in five years. Maybe its time, I used to love to shoot slides. REJ2.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Still have my old Canon FTbn that I bought when I was about 12 or 13 years old with my own money. Had to mow a hell of a lot of yards to save up money! I also have one of those budget 400mm telephoto lenses that they used to sell for $44 back then. I think it's a Spirotone. Also have the Canon booster meter (for long exposures) that mounted on the hot shoe. Have to dig that stuff out someday.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I still have a Yashica TLE that I bought 30 years ago. Still functions but the light meter quit working. I can use a handheld and get great results.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I still have my Cannon AE-1 Program. My Olypus Infinity camera made it through a year in the desert during the 1st Gulf War and is still kickin'.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I even have a case of old Kodachrome color slide film still sitting in my deep freeze. Not sure what I am going to do with it. I am not sure they can develop it anymore?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts