Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Lookin for an opinion. I have picked up my new splitter and am troubled as to where I should connect the hydro lines. The guy I bought it from said to just run it in series with the existing PTO valve. Is this a good idea or should I tee it off the main lines going into the PTO valve and run it parallel?

Also would an of you Caser's have the manual for the tiller and or rear PTO?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Ive wonderd this muself, becouse my 444 has the valve, but my 224 does not. A valve is mounted on the spliter so the hoses run right to that on the 224. Well if I use the 444 what do I do? I was thinking of bypassing the tractor mounted valve myself. That was you get less restraction, and full flow to the splitter mounted valve.

As for the tiller, what style do you have? There was a center driven older style, and a side driven new style.[Maybe more but I dont know of any] I have the center driven, and I think I have a manual. I will check when I get a chance.[still got to do that mower pars breakdown for you also. Im slacking BIGTIME!:D ]

Not sure on a PTO manual. I will have to do some digging. I have a repair manual for it, but dont know if an operators manual. I will check.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul,

Man what don't you have? :) Anyway it is the center mount style tiller. From what I understand there should be minimal loss running through the PTO valve to another valve. Also maybe I could send youa little money and get you to copy that PTO repair manual and Tiller manual for me. You have been so graciuos scanning your manuals onto the web for nothing. I could really use those so let me know. I think I am going to try teeing it off the PTO valve first as this would be the easiest to getthe splitter running then once it warms up a little I think I am going to tee the main lines also and try it there. I'll let ya know how runnning from the PTO valve works.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts