Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a shot of my 4600 on the trailer,in my yard.Going to go dig up a settling tank for a dairy farmer this morning. It is some contraption that filters the water coming off his milkhouse floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I read somewhere that the EPA gets real upset about milk waste getting into the ground water. I would imagine that the system cost him a pretty penny to get installed.

Is he getting out of the business or upgrading the system???? Sounds like more work for you!!

Nice set up with the tractor and truck! (Insert envy here!)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:beer:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
That's sure a dandy rig! I'm looking for a dump bed similar to that one for use with my Bobcat. They're hard to find used around here. Most are to big or worn out........

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not make Much Money

But sure made a friend.Problem was simple,pipe joint pulled apart from driving over it. Clean out for a 6" line going to a second tank was destroyed.Dug a 3x3x3 hole and went to the hardware got new fitting and a 4' piece of pipe.One hour later all was well.The liquid coming out of the ground smelled like spoiled milk times 10.Made $100.00 and 62 bales of real nice grass hay that my horses will eat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shot in the dark

I snapped this picture and the last one in the dark.I must have moved the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
You hauling the hay in or takin' it out? I also meant to ask you what width and length trailer that is you have the 4600 on? I have a Ja-Mar 14' trailer and I have to raise the FEL bucket over the pickup bed (not a good solution) to load it on the trailer with the FEL installed. Anything on the 3 pt. hitch is out of the question.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hualing Hay Home

My trailer is 18' to the 3 foot beavertail.I can load my 4600 with any of my 3 pt.stuff or the bachhoe on.It has an electric 8 ton winch mounted on the tongue.With a split snatch block and two parts of cable I can drag on most anything that the trailer can carry.The bucket on the loader lays flat,up against a stop rail in the front.It also handles my 5000 Ford deisel,with a loader and implement on the back.For that tractor I roll the bucket of the loader down to gain about a foot.Seems to improve the tongue weight.As you can see from this pic,still a lot of room with my tiller on.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Oh yeah! She is nice and gooey! I wish I had as much room as you have on my trailer. I am thinking about a 22' gooseneck with the 3 foot dove tail and removable side rails. I have a friend that builds trailers and I may get him to build me one for the up coming year. I was thinking about getting a B&W turnover ball gooseneck/fifth wheel combination hitch installed. How do you like that Befco pto tiller? Looks like you are putting it to good use! Again, VERY nice rig you got there. I went with a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Short Bed 4 x 4 Cummins Ho for my pulling truck. Been real happy with it so far. It is a huge increase in fuel mileage of the Suburban I had.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lesson learned

I chewed up a cucumber patch.That is what you see hanging out of the tiller.Next time I will mow the vines first. Damn things are like having baler twine wrapped up in the tines.The Befco is sweet !!!! It side shifts so I can work in tight to buildings. Do a lot of finish work for new builds.I tow with a 6.5 GM torbo deisel 1997.Not a lot to complain about,since I work my equipment hard.New truck is in the negotiation phase right now.I run a pintle hitch,because I need my box clear to haul material.
P.S. I have convinced the brains of the family that I still need my one ton even with a new 5500 GMC

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Slip, I was going to suggest you might benefit from a brush guard/forward facing work light kit on your ROPS. If you are interested, I can post the part # for you. Here is a picture of how it is mounted on my 4410. They make a huge improvement in visibility at dusk and night. I have the dual front and rear facing work lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got one

It sits in the box on my workbench.Just have not got around to it yet.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Nice tractor! But I sure could use a truck like yours. :)

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Joe

That Truck of mine can run 5 ton of stone down the road nicely.It sure has made money for me.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Slip have you got the rental upgrade/guard kit on your 4600. It is a little pricey but it adds protective shields to the under side of the tractor which cover the filter housing and other vulnerable areas.

The other kit that makes life more comfortable is the arm rest kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts