Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been using the rating feature for the threads yet? I looked around and I have not found any rated threads.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Funny you say that... Most people who run this forum sites have laughed about that little feature. Most have either removed it from their site or replaced the button with some other type of message field. So, I guess in a way --- it is basically a pointless
feature. ;)

Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Me too

I guess that what the 5 stars are at the top right of the page:question:
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg
No, those stars are for me.
Hey tisenberg I hear ya:moon: :smiles: Heres a moon to go with the stars:lmao: :lmao:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I gave it a one

to see if it would affect the ratings, it did.

Tisenberg: Aren't you being a bit of a star hog? :smiles: Those stars go to Ed_GT5000 for starting this thread?

Jodyand: Quick thinking on the moon, that was a great comeback!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Most all of the other forums I patronize that use this type of software as this forum does has also eliminated the rating deal. Some folks used to have their buddies rate all their posts as a 5, etc etc, and once it was rated IIRC it stayed rated at that grade and could not be changed. Afterall its only the raters opinion of the thread and is really pointless, as its Just an Opinion by one individual.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Adam ---> I give your response 3 stars. It was timely, clear and to the point...

And to your question... not sure. I think the ratings are averaged out over all votes. I think it is supposed to be used to help the people to decide if they want to read the thread or not. Suppose this was a recipe site and the stars ranked the recipe... probably useful in that case.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
But it would still be a rated opinion even if it was a recipie. YOu may like carrot cake and I hate carrot cake so you rate it a 5 and I rate it a 1.........no not really I love carrot cake myself, have to make that rating a 10!

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Wow --- I have never seen so much chatter about something so trivial! :D :D :D ---- Looks like a bunch of FPs here ;)

J/K

Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts