Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many different races of people visit the forum.I just want to try to put a face to names and personalies. Someone also brought it up in another forum. I am Asain pacific islander myself. What about you?

Note:This is in no way a racist post nor should anyone bring there bad opinions of other races here.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
let's see i am a large sized white middle aged male[ 52 1/2] of scots and german descent[ I usually only claim the scots side as my surname is scots heritage -- my scots ancestor came over to us in 1621 when the english planned to hang him -- he escaped from prison -- finally croaked after having 7 wives over here [ folks died after most winters in the early years ] -- which asian pacific island are you hailing from ?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
full italian... all my grandparents all came from italy.. they are all gone now so now id consider myself pretty much a 'proud american'

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Mixed Italian, :cheers:

My Grandparents on Mom’s side came from Rome,
Grandparents on Dad’s side came from Sicily.

Hey, Bigl…..I’m catchin’ you. :dog:
50 years ago you were 2-1/2 times as old as I was.
:zoomin:

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
James 14 years old french/scots my grandma came from Nova scoita and my grandpa Alberta :D :D and a proud canadian eh!!!!:canada: :canada: :canada: :usa: :British:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well me im half Cajun and half Redneck but an American at that:lmao:
Jody

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
American first, My fathers side is 2nd generation German (Gramps had to flee Germany because of his harboring folks of the wrong religion). My father was born in Hamberg but raised as a American. My mothers is unknown Italian and German.
My wife immigrated from the Philippines in 1983.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Some of my ancestors predate Columbus, and others came from Germany, England, and Scotland. My wife is from the Philippines. I have some in-laws whose ancestors came from Africa, and some others whose ancestors came from Greece. If I were to get them all together, we'd have a rainbow coalition that would scare Rev. Jesse Jackson. (not too many democrats in the flock)

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Mayflower baby here. No one in my famly came from over seas in a LONG time. A tiny bit of Dutch, irish, and germen though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm half Norwegian...Which reminds me of a story (collective groan goes here!):

Ole and Lena were on their way to Minniapolis for their honeymoon. It was dark and Ole was getting anxious for the fun to commence. He reached over and put his hand on Lena's knee.

Lena turned to him, smiled and said. "Ole, you can go further if you want".

So he drove all the way to Duluth!!

(Second collective groan goes here)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Half-Breed

Same as aegt500 here - Italian on Mom's side and Sicilian on Dad's side. Some consider them both Italian but they will argue the differences.

Married an Irish/German so my kids are surely mixed breed Dago/Mick/Krauts!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by BradT
I'm half Norwegian...Which reminds me of a story (collective groan goes here!):

Ole and Lena were on their way to Minniapolis for their honeymoon. It was dark and Ole was getting anxious for the fun to commence. He reached over and put his hand on Lena's knee.

Lena turned to him, smiled and said. "Ole, you can go further if you want".

So he drove all the way to Duluth!!

(Second collective groan goes here)
Primarily German/Austrian descent here.

The Ole and Lena story reminds me of a honeymoon story that I heard on a Gene Tracy 8-Track from way back when....and, uh ....nevermind..... outta here

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I am an American born and raised.

I am told I am of German/Irish/American Indian descent. My name is German but used as a last name as is the case with folks of Irish decent.

I have only been able to trace by documentation my roots on my father’s side to just before the civil war around 1850. Where all records seem, to come to an end. Great great great grandfather was of German/Irish descent also from Hamburg as per family hear say and has him migrating to Texas from Pennsylvania during the 1850's, my great great grandfather was born in 1865 and my grandfather was born in 1906 in Denison TX.

I am thinking they may have come over during the German migration of the 1840/1850's.

Great great grandpa was a sheet metal man for the railroad in Denison, TX. As was my grandfather growing up until he enlisted in the army during WW1.

Mom’s side was Irish with a twist of American Indian; this has not been documented just family rumor.

During the time my families were trying to make a life in north Texas there was conflict between the settlers and the Indians in the area along with the civil war issues for the men, the ladies were left alone in a lot of cases during the war, and rumor has it this is were my Indian blood line comes from. During a raid. But again there is no documentation just word past down from generation to generation and how skewed it is, is anyone's guess.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Irish and German blood from hundreds of years back. I'm as close to full blooded American as you can get without American Indian blood. :usa:

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
German on both sides. Mothers parents and she arrived here in the states later than my fathers side did, by about 20 years, so I guess I am German decent but consider myself full blooded american. Mother was born in Germany, father in USA

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
soup

My father is of mostly Irish decent, some english some spanish. Our last name is spanish sounding due to the Spanish armada in 1513 when they invaded Ireland, also known as black Irish.
My mother was a war bride that my father met when she was an doing translation work for the allied forces during WWII. My oldest brother was born in France.
I was born in the back seat of a brand new 1949 Studebaker because mom and dad left for the hospital a little late. My first name comes from the fact that they pulled off into the driveway to the Thomas Indian School. This was Mother's day 1950. So I guess I am an honorary American Indian, being born on the reservation. They proceeded to the hospital where the doctor tied the cord, mom had a chicken dinner, and we were all home by bed time. The bill was $17.00 !

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm an English, Irish, French,?,?,? mix, but all have been born Canadian for generations! :canada: I guess I'm about as pasty white as they come, and WASPy to-boot.:lmao:

This is one of the neat things about the internet, no-one knows (or much cares) the ethnicity of their online friends, they are all just friends, race etc doesn't matter, which is the way it should be!!:friends:
(BTW not a slight about this post, it is interesting to find out the backgrounds of the folks you chat it up with :tabletalk )

slipshod, I probly know a few people concieved in the back seat, but you're the first one I know of born there!:clown:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts