Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm grasping at straws here but I was hoping that another B275 owner with a CAV rotary injection pump might be able to provide me with the "setup number" stamped on the oval plate fastened to the side of the CAV pump. I made the newbie mistake of taking the top cover off the pump to replacing the top cover seal. After fumbling around with it, I caused the spring to fall off the governor plate. I now realize how important the hole locations for the springs are. I'm hoping that the hole locations for each end of the governor spring might be the same across B275's. Any help would be appreciated before I start trying different combinations.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
R u saying yours doesn’t have a name plate.??
Some pump np’s have the set up # & some don’t & u have to access the calibration specs using the pump mdl #..
If u can give me the pump #, I can give u the spring code..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello thepumpguysc,

I've attached two pictures of the CAV pump name plate. I hope you can see the stamped numbers. I read them as R8763UC and 0497. Are there any other numbers I should look for on or in the pump? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
CAV Pump Label2.jpg
CAV Pump Label.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I’m at an appt. at the moment.
I’ll see what I can do.. when I get home..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many Thanks,

Can you tell me what reference you used? Also what number on the name plate was relevant? I spent hours trying to find useful information but failed.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I been rebuilding inj. pumps for over 30 years, u could say I know a trick or two..
The pump # is>> 3240497..
I just googled B275 inj. pump
to find the prefix.. then it was easy.. I have access to the CAV DPA test specs, where the code info is.
U woulda hadta call a fuel shop to get that info. But u would of had to have the pump #..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I appreciate the fact that you would take the time to help me out. You saved me a lot of effort experimenting with each of the nine Gov to Throttle hole combinations. Your assistance is very much appreciated, Thank You.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts