Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the answer to this question, but I'm curious as to who else knows.

How can you tell if safety glasses meet OSHA's requirements?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
By THE z87 number stamped on the lens.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Spike
I've never seen the Z87 on the lens. Are you sure?
All the ones i have and i have many diffrents one and they all have the # Z87 on them. The Z87 has something to do with impact rateing.
Jody

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really?

I just surprised the Z87 is on the lens. And yes, the Z87 is an ANSI standard that list criteria for impact and other design elements.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yes that is true, The Z87 is in the upper corner and not noticable when wearing your safety glasses. My frame is a wire frame and small but I still cannot see the mark until I clean them and then only if I wear my street glasses.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow

Like I said...never seen that before. The requirements for safety glasses is that the lenses should have the manufacture's monogram etched on the them. Then, all remaining components must have Z87 on them. Example: If the frames are one piece, then it only needs to be displayed once. If, for example, there are detachable side shields, the side shields must also display Z87 on each of them.

Take a look again at the lenses. Are you sure it's not the manufacture's monogram? I'm baffaled.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
WELL back when i used to have to go and get a GSHO card that what they told us. The GSHO was an 8 hr safety training we had to do once a year to get in the chemical plants here and in New Olreans.
Jody

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
??

Not sure what the W and S stand for. I'll need to look at the ANSI standard to find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts