Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Group
I don't understand this. This is minor but puzzling. My desktop
is running Windows 98 with IE 6.0. I have no problems surfing except for two sites. One is for Marriot and the other is for Spirit
homepages. My laptop is running XP and has no problem. I checked my settings and no reason they should not load. I don't get any message just after a second or two my modem stops and the page won't come up.
If anyone is running Windows 98 here is the link to see if you can load it.
Rodster

http://marriott.com/default.mi

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
My Windows 98 Opens It

Rodster,

My Windows 98 machine opened marriott.com just fine. I had to hold down on the control key when I clicked on your link so my PoP Up Stopper would allow it to open. Typed Sprint.com into address bar and Sprint opened just fine. Pop Up Stopper didn't even block it.

Hope this helps.

I am completely computer illiterate so can offer no suggestions as to your problems. Sorry.

:cpu:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I would say clear out your cache and temp internet files, but the modem dropping thing is confusing. I have found that sometimes a service pack or fix for IE breaks the browser for some specific sites too.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John
Are you running regular 98 or 98SE ?

tisenberg
I have done all that. I just don't understand. I don't have that trouble with other sites. My Wife uses those sites. She has not been able to get into them for months. I have to hook up the XP
machine before she can use them.

I think I am going to have to upgrade for other reasons. Lots of the new stuff won't run on 98. I am not sure to upgrade mine or get a whole new set up. Then I am not sure if PC or Mac. I have heard lots of great things about Mac.
Rodster

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by Rodster
Thanks John
Are you running regular 98 or 98SE ?

tisenberg
I have done all that. I just don't understand. I don't have that trouble with other sites. My Wife uses those sites. She has not been able to get into them for months. I have to hook up the XP
machine before she can use them.

I think I am going to have to upgrade for other reasons. Lots of the new stuff won't run on 98. I am not sure to upgrade mine or get a whole new set up. Then I am not sure if PC or Mac. I have heard lots of great things about Mac.
Rodster
I would get a Mac if you can afford one. I would not get a Mac if you are looking for a gaming machine and a bargain price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you try a different browser?

Firefox

It's really good. Better than I've seen from Netscape or Mozilla in years!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks but I really don't want to change it just over the two sites
we are having trouble with.
Rodster

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Rodster,

You should be able to run another (free) browser such as Firefox when needed. Just put the shortcut icon on your desktop or in your tray (the bar at the bottom) and launch when needed. You may find out you like Firefox or another browser better than Internet Explorer. I have a financial institution that wont display properly with Safari (an Apple browser on my Mac). So I use the Mac version of Firefox to access that site.

So, in summary, you really don't have to "change" your browser, just add another one.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
After formatting my hard drive to correct other problem left by the Trojan I can get into those sites now.
Rodster:jumpropeb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts