Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
not bad farm maniac..
Id probably get the extra ram to 256 Meg... but you could do that later.. 2.6 gig is fast...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would go a bit further. Upgrade to 512meg on the RAM and if your going to use it for storing a lot of pics, definitely go for the 120 meg hard drive. Eighty bucks is a small price to pay to triple your storage space. Image files can fill up a hard drive real fast.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I would also go with the Optical USB Mouse and you will never go back to that old ball Mouse.
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Any computer with USB made in the last 4 years or so should handle your digital camera. But it's hard to overlook the good deals on PC's lately as opposed to buying a used one or using an old one.

·
Registered
674 Posts
puter

Another vote here for 512 ram MIMIMUM and also an optical mouse. I would also pay extra for Windows XP PRO. It will handle a camera very well.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I noted from my previous post that I wrote 120 "meg" when I meant to write "gig". Guess you all knew what I really meant, and I really dated myself. I remember when 120 meg was a really big hard drive:D

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I picked up my new lap top at Office Depot for $1149.. It is a 2.8gig P4 with cd-rw/dvd and 512 RAM. Came with Windows XP , built in wireless (which is awsesome. Not being tethered to a desk is sooooo nice. I usually sit in my favorite chair or on the couch and surf Tractorforum.com) :D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by johnray13
I picked up my new lap top at Office Depot for $1149.. It is a 2.8gig P4 with cd-rw/dvd and 512 RAM. Came with Windows XP , built in wireless (which is awsesome. Not being tethered to a desk is sooooo nice. I usually sit in my favorite chair or on the couch and surf Tractorforum.com) :D
My wife has had a wireless laptop for a couple of years. I agree it's nice to surf the web with your feet up and channel surf at the same time. Of course I can only do that when she is out of the house. ;)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
This is my first computer without a floppy. Now I have to figure out what to do with all thost boxes of floppies (back up) I have. Guess I could burn them on to one cd but somehow that doesn't rank very high on my rainy day list:)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
good idea...maybe I'll make my daughter burn all those floppies on a cd as punishment next time. Hahahahahahahahaha:devilish:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts