Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about. But the only Pulverizer i know of they use in the coal fired power plants to pulverize the coal to a very fine powder.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like a box blade, but has a roller behind it with VERY heavy 3 inch spikes, massive in construction .

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
You have a picture of it:question:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
That thing looks mean whats it do Argee turns the soil into powder.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Could he do the same thing with a harrow or landscape rake?

Just curious. Thanks!

Andy
Yes...but it might take a few more trips...a pulverizer would be for someone that's running production and wants to spend as little time on a field as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
This may come as a shock

But I own one. I have a Landspride 84" that I paid $300.00 for at an auction. It does a beautiful finish grade when I put in lawns. It has two rows of harrow teeth 16 each staggered, a cutter edge formed by the I beam that makes up the body of the tool, and a spiked solid roller behind it. The pulverizer will pop out rocks, tear out all grass and weed roots, and breaks up the soil down to a depth of about 3 inches. I have found that the debris stays entangled in the harrow teeth and when you want to clean it, all you do is back up a bit with the tool down then pick it up. Pulerizers are a no brainer tool as they do not drag along large amounts of your soil, it drops it as it goes, so the more passes you make the smoother the ground gets. The roller is spring loaded so the whole tool stays engaged if you encounter a rock with the spikes. The only thing I has to do to mine was replace the harrow teeth at about $6.00 a clip as this machine was well used when I got it.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Do you use it much Slip? I've toyed with the idea of getting one to smooth out the fields after plowing and disking...if I can buy one right, kinda like your deal.:D

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Might make more sense to rent one if possible as they are pricey. Slip you got a steal on yours! These rakes do a great job at preparing seed beds for lawns and picking out the rocks.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Yes I do

Originally posted by Argee
Do you use it much Slip? I've toyed with the idea of getting one to smooth out the fields after plowing and disking...if I can buy one right, kinda like your deal.:D
I use it all the time. If I have sizable job I like to rototil first then finish with the pilverizer, does a mighty fine job.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
apples vs oranges

Originally posted by Chief
Slip, how would you say the pulverizer works as compared to the power rake?
A power rake would be great, but there is little or nothing to break on a pulverizer. The power rake is better at getting into small corners and stuff and maybe at piling up the debris, but I like my set-up. After I go over a site with it I can plant without any more work.
And pulverizer costs about 5-10 times less, so unless a guy has the work for it tough for me to justify the outlay. But I I found a deal you better know I would own one of those too.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: apples vs oranges

Originally posted by slipshod
A power rake would be great, but there is little or nothing to break on a pulverizer. The power rake is better at getting into small corners and stuff and maybe at piling up the debris, but I like my set-up. After I go over a site with it I can plant without any more work.
And pulverizer costs about 5-10 times less, so unless a guy has the work for it tough for me to justify the outlay. But I I found a deal you better know I would own one of those too.
I would imagine maintenace would be negligible on the pulverizer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts