Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve gotten the push pin replacement for the worn out one on my yoke on my bush hog, but herein lies the rub, all the videos I can find about installing don’t cover the one I bought which is this type.

which had these tiny roll pins but no clip to fit around the milled end, and I can’t find any instructions in video or written online to explain the install with the tiny roll pins.

anybody got any ideas or input ?
Cylinder Household hardware Metal Font Fashion accessory

·
1,174 Posts
There are only about fifty different types/styles/sizes of latch kits for drive line yokes. What was in yours to begin with? How have you confirmed this is the right kit for your particular yoke? If you had no roll pins to begin with, then it's probably not the one you need.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that’s the thing I can’t find one like the old one, it same off a bush hog I was given, second of all I’ve tried to confirm it but since I don’t know the bush hog make n model, I’m basically having to go by eyesight off the old pin which I think must have been a homemade fix since there is no way this pin in the picture gripped anything

when I hammered it out was just this . A spring and retainer washer driven in, which explains why it wasn’t working and seemed frozen up, so I had to replace it before using my bush hog

Blue Wood Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system

Blue Wood Gas Automotive tire Metal

·
1,174 Posts
Sorry, but I can't identify that. Don't remember seeing anything like it. You may have replace the yoke with something more common and readily available. That's what I do when the latch can't be repaired. If you've never done that, I suggest taking the shaft to someone who does drive lines. You will need a new cross kit as well. Unless you're really good (or really lucky) changing a yoke and re using the cross rarely works out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m leaning that way , I bought one that fit but retaining clip was on the smaller hole , which I didn’t think could be right because of how the one I showed was set.

I took it around and hooked it on my over run clutch but it didn’t feel like it was grabbing the spline so I tried one other, it doesn’t seem like it would be safe if it’s not grabbing the spline but I still have it and could put it back on. This is how it looked before I took the old pin out and this is my big yellow tank of a bush hog
Plant Wood Grass Terrestrial plant Flower

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts