1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

PTO Clutches on Ford 5000

Discussion in 'Ford / New Holland' started by browndd1, Jun 6, 2010.

1. browndd1

browndd1 New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Does anyone know how to change the pto clutches and brake on a 1972 ford 5000 diesel tractor?

thanks

2. cetane

cetane Man I thought I did that!

May 18, 2010
    Man ya know on second thought if you are asking for help on doing a little job on this tractor I think you need to find a tractor mechanic to do this for you. It seems that you will be getting over your head. Sorry but I think you would be better off.:confused:

3. tractor beam

tractor beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
    Could be a major job. I'd be a bit intimidated by it. Sure seems like you should be able to adjust it so that it would disengage though. If it were slipping, that would indicate replacement time.